Linking scriptures or talks on computer

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
markmoon

Linking scriptures or talks on computer

Post by markmoon »

When I'm on my phone or ipad version of Gospel Library, I can highlight a passage then link to somewhere else. But when I'm on my laptop (because it's faster typing) and I highlight those same passages in an attempt to link, I don't get the same options. I click on what looks like a chain for link, but it doesn't take me to the Gospel Library choices. I'm using Chrome on my computer. Any thoughts?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Linking scriptures or talks on computer

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library Online, in the web browser, doesn't currently support creating links. I agree that it would make sense if it had that feature; you could request it using the feedback form at the bottom of the site. What kind of computer do you have? If you're on Windows 10, you could try using Gospel Library for Windows; if it's a newer Chromebook, you could install Gospel Library for Android.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Re: Linking scriptures or talks on computer

Post by mevans »

I'm just pasting in the URL of the link. The user interface for the current link feature isn't done very well. There are various usability issues that I wish would become a priority to fix.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”