Stake Administrator to Ward Website Admin

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
jstephen-p40

Stake Administrator to Ward Website Admin

Post by jstephen-p40 »

We just went through a stake re-organization and now have two new wards (they were moved in from a neighboring stake). As a stake administrator I have always had access to our individual ward's websites as an administrator, but for these two new ones I cannot get access.

Is there something that needs to be done at a higher level to allow this?

Jim
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

How long ago were they set up? Do they show as wards under your stake? Your administrator rights should float down to the local units.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jstephen wrote:Is there something that needs to be done at a higher level to allow this?
Have the other stake admin remove you and re-add you as a stake admin.

Perhaps it's changed, but apparently in the past the list of who's an admin is kept in each unit. When a admin is added to the stake, the add process adds it to all the wards. But it's not an "inherited" right such that being a stake admin grants you rights to the wards.

When you do get rights to the new wards, you may find you need to remove the stake admin from the other stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

DJC wrote:How long ago were they set up? Do they show as wards under your stake? Your administrator rights should float down to the local units.

They only flow down when a stake administrator is added. So, as Russell said, have one stake administrator delete the other, then add him again. Make absolutely certain that the addition has worked. Then have that administrator delete the first one and add him again.

At that point, both stake admins will be able to administer the new unit(s). I have been through this several times.
jstephen-p40

Post by jstephen-p40 »

Thanks,

I happened to be speaking to someone in MLS about a separate issue and had them reset it and now I have access.

Jim

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”