Anchor Tag

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
AileneRHerrick

Anchor Tag

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Some of my News and Information posts are long, and dividing them up among different posts would clutter up the News and Information section even more. I was wondering if there was a way to put links at the top of the post (via anchor tag, javascript, or other method) to divide the post up.

For example, in a post post about Family History and Temple Work, it could be sectioned into "Family History Center Location and Hours", "Family History Consultants", and "People To Contact for Family Names".

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I hope so! In the past, anchor tags have not worked.

Ailene
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

AileneRHerrick wrote:Some of my News and Information posts are long, and dividing them up among different posts would clutter up the News and Information section even more. I was wondering if there was a way to put links at the top of the post (via anchor tag, javascript, or other method) to divide the post up.

For example, in a post post about Family History and Temple Work, it could be sectioned into "Family History Center Location and Hours", "Family History Consultants", and "People To Contact for Family Names".

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I hope so! In the past, anchor tags have not worked.

Ailene

You're right that anchor tags ( < A > ) are not allowed (nor are script tags); only limited HTML can be inserted into News and Information items.

The only somewhat reasonable workaround I have heard of is that some people post a PDF attachment (which can contain links) on News and Information items to provide links to helpful sites and "mailto" links for e-mail addresses. It's a bit indirect, but does provide a way to do links.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Thanks Alan!

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”