New Footer

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
User avatar
ShirtsDre
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:53 am
Location: Utah
Contact:

It was a test, only a test.

Postby ShirtsDre » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am

This email was in fact a test email broadcast sent out to stake administrators in an effort to verify functionality on a back-end tool that allows church headquarters to send an email to all stake administrators. It is very likely in the next week that one or more of these test emails will arrive again.

In the next few tests, the administrator's email address listed in the footer should be correct.

Your patience with this very public set of tests is greatly appreciated.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson

User avatar
AileneRHerrick
Member
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Moses Lake, Washington, United States

Postby AileneRHerrick » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:50 am

Thanks BillyBob! :)

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3183
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:23 am

BillyBoJimBob wrote:This email was in fact a test email broadcast sent out to stake administrators in an effort to verify functionality on a back-end tool that allows church headquarters to send an email to all stake administrators. It is very likely in the next week that one or more of these test emails will arrive again.

In the next few tests, the administrator's email address listed in the footer should be correct.

Your patience with this very public set of tests is greatly appreciated.


Question: I never saw the test Email inspite of the fact that I'm the Stake Administrator and have LUWS flagged to send inquires to me. I've checked my junk mail and nothing. Was this message actually sent to ALL administrators? How do you identify the admins?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

User avatar
ShirtsDre
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:53 am
Location: Utah
Contact:

Postby ShirtsDre » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:07 pm

Techgy wrote:Question: I never saw the test Email inspite of the fact that I'm the Stake Administrator and have LUWS flagged to send inquires to me. I've checked my junk mail and nothing. Was this message actually sent to ALL administrators? How do you identify the admins?


This particular test message was sent to ALL stake administrators (Not including resource admins). We pull admins that are stake admins, currently registered with LUWS, and those we can verify membership.

While this email was sent out to all stake admins it does not mean that all will receive it. Some internet and email account providers are actively blocking LUWS email. This footer is one small step in getting emails to go through.

This test was just that. It will take some more work to get this back-end tool working at peak efficiency.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3183
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:10 pm

BillyBoJimBob wrote:This particular test message was sent to ALL stake administrators (Not including resource admins). We pull admins that are stake admins, currently registered with LUWS, and those we can verify membership.

While this email was sent out to all stake admins it does not mean that all will receive it. Some internet and email account providers are actively blocking LUWS email. This footer is one small step in getting emails to go through.

This test was just that. It will take some more work to get this back-end tool working at peak efficiency.


Interesting. However, I used a Gmail account for much of my Church-related Email and I've never noticed a block. I have always received Email from CHQ, FamilyHistory support, MLS Support, and others. Gmail does have a spam bucket, but to my knowledge they do not block anything - it simply goes into the spam bucket.

It's not a big deal. I was simply curious. I'll watch for the next one and perhaps it will go through.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 30733
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Looking at the mail I got, it seems to have passed though mail1.gmhwh.org despite the fact it claimed to come from bounce.ldschurch.org.

Gmail took a neutral stance on the discrepancy, but some other ISPs may have rejected it as a forgery (spam).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

User avatar
ShirtsDre
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:53 am
Location: Utah
Contact:

Postby ShirtsDre » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:37 am

RussellHltn wrote:Looking at the mail I got, it seems to have passed though mail1.gmhwh.org despite the fact it claimed to come from bounce.ldschurch.org.

Gmail took a neutral stance on the discrepancy, but some other ISPs may have rejected it as a forgery (spam).

Work is being done to have SPF checks to pass or at least go through as neutral. The church-owned domain of gmhwh.org is used for our email server. An SPF check with both gmhwh.org and bounce.ldschurch.org will show that their SPF records are identical. Additional tags within the email header help it pass versus be treated as neutral, or be blocked.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson


Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests