How does one begin using the new LUWS?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

zaneclark wrote:Does anyone know how this will work? Will it automatically be a part of the current LUWS or will we have to open it separately?
I'm thinking it will be quite separate, as it appears it really is a complete rearchitect of the current LUWS solution. Also, the way other labs.lds.org projects have worked indicates you will probably have to go to a different URL than the current one to access it. The best case scenario for integration would be if the current LUWS provided a link to the labs-hosted beta site, but I think that would be the extent of the integration.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

mkmurray wrote:I'm thinking it will be quite separate, as it appears it really is a complete rearchitect of the current LUWS solution. Also, the way other labs.lds.org projects have worked indicates you will probably have to go to a different URL than the current one to access it. The best case scenario for integration would be if the current LUWS provided a link to the labs-hosted beta site, but I think that would be the extent of the integration.
Here's the official response to whether or not current events on ward/stake calendars will be migrated over at some future date;
We will actively begin to encourage units to use the new calendar towards the end of this year ... to put 2011 events on it & then to use it going forward. So, events from the old/current LUW calendar will not by sync'd to the new calendar.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Techgy wrote:Here's the official response to whether or not current events on ward/stake calendars will be migrated over at some future date;

Does the new calendar take input files? (iCal, vCal, csv, ?) [hopeful grin]
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:Does the new calendar take input files? (iCal, vCal, csv, ?) [hopeful grin]
Not at this point. It does say that the 'beta' does not support import so perhaps it will be added later.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”