New Move-ins not showing up in Membership Directory

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
dlernstrom

Batching

Postby dlernstrom » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:21 pm

So, could somebody answer this definitively: What is the batch schedule for MLS and LUWS updates? I notice that on the top of my transaction reports, the batch date and time is listed. There are often times where I have wanted to submit a membership request, etc., and then needed to wait a few days before I received the change.

I recognize that if the request is wrong in some way, that it needs to be handled manually. However, most membership requests, etc., are certainly handled automatically and knowing what the batch schedule is could benefit those of us trying to handle changes ASAP after they are made.

We have noticed the same issues around LUWS where we snap a family's picture when they move into the ward and simultaneously request their records into MLS. We then are stuck waiting sometimes more than a week after the records come into our MLS before the transaction shows up on the website.

Looking for a definitive answer...

-David Ernstrom

thedqs
Community Moderators

Postby thedqs » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:10 pm

I couldn't find the answer in the short time, but I believe that someone had said that updates to LUWS was on a Tuesday of each week normally. (Wish I could find the exact post for you).

Someone else mentioned this exact same problem though again I couldn't find the post. But shellinese mentioned that LUWS has to go through an intermittent step before getting to MLS data:

shellinese wrote:MLS data does feed into CMIS, which is where LUWS gets its membership data. However, CMIS does not currently capture the leadership data provided by MLS, so it isn't available to LUWS. This is likely to be fixed when LUWS is updated, but no date for that has been set.

It could be that the update schedule for CMIS is after the update schedule for LUWS and so it take more than a week to get the information updated.
- David

dlernstrom

Postby dlernstrom » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:51 am

Yes, I saw that thread that spoke about the Tuesday. The thread seemed to be more of an observation than an answer, though. Much like the observations about whether or not a directory image stays with the person when they move out of the ward, the forum consensus was that the image is deleted if they move out of your stake, however, about a month ago, I had a member shipped off to never never land and then back some weeks later and they retained their family image.

I was looking for an answer from somebody that really knows (because they know the internals of the system), not from what the consensus observes to be happening.

Thanks for reading my post, though. It is good to know there are real people out there!

-David

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”