LUWS Map & Driving Directions How to Correct

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:09 pm

BillyBoJimBob wrote:Feedback on the meetinghouse locator service, including reports of any inacurate data, should be directed to the "Feedback" link on your ward's map or directions page:
Tried that. They missed the issue. It required a phone call to find out who I needed to email the location data to.

I should follow up on the zoom issue.

rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Postby rmrichesjr » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:28 pm

BillyBoJimBob wrote:The rewrite for the meetinghouse locator service is actually underway and will be a huge improvement upon the current version.

Feedback on the meetinghouse locator service, including reports of any inacurate data, should be directed to the "Feedback" link on your ward's map or directions page:
http://lds.org/portal/site/LDSOrg/menui ... deNav=true
It's good that development of the new locator service is underway. It is needed.

About two years ago, I reported that the directions to get to the meetinghouse in Dayton, Oregon said to turn left from Highway 18 onto 8th St, but 8th St. is an overpass with no ramps. Someone athletic with a grappling hook and climbing ropes might be able to follow the directions, but not with a motor vehicle. :-) I reported that issue and was informed a new locator service was in the works.

Since then, I found that the meetinghouse in Newberg, Oregon shows up with the star in the middle of a trailer park. In reality, the meetinghouse is a block or two away. I reported that to 'feedback' as well.

ShirtsDre

Postby ShirtsDre » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:41 am

RussellHltn wrote:Tried that. They missed the issue. It required a phone call to find out who I needed to email the location data to.

I should follow up on the zoom issue.
There are several ways to request assistance or send feedback for Stake and Ward Web Sites:
  • Use the feedback link on your Stake or Ward's home page to contact your Stake or Ward administrator (Each unit has a unique feedback url). They in turn can contact Local Units support directly to convey any issues the site might have.
  • Call the "Global Service Desk" for additional assistance: (Utah: 1-801-240-4357, Toll-Free: 1-866-678-2763). Per the "GSD", these are the publicly released phone numbers.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”