Page 1 of 1

No phone number for family on LUWS

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:57 pm
by mkmurray
So I have a few family on LUWS (the ward website) that don't have a phone number listed. What has happened is that for those families, I (the membership clerk) have listed an individual phone number for both husband and wife in MLS. I chose not to list a household number because there really isn't one, and I assumed that for household reports, it would default to the head of household's phone number if a household number is not present.

It appears this assumption is wrong and that is not how it's working on LUWS. However, I think it is a bug to not list a number just because the household number is empty. The new LUWS probably handles this fine, but I think it would be best to fix the logic on the existing LUWS for the mean time. That is my 2 cents.

Anyone else?

Thanks.

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:25 pm
by aebrown
mkmurray wrote:However, I think it is a bug to not list a number just because the household number is empty. The new LUWS probably handles this fine, but I think it would be best to fix the logic on the existing LUWS for the mean time.
There are all sorts of things that it would be nice to fix on the existing LUWS. But the new site will be active pretty soon. If I were managing that development project, I wouldn't bother to update the code which will soon be obsolete.

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:18 pm
by mkmurray
Alan_Brown wrote:There are all sorts of things that it would be nice to fix on the existing LUWS. But the new site will be active pretty soon. If I were managing that development project, I wouldn't bother to update the code which will soon be obsolete.
I forget you have insider news nowadays. This is the first I've seen a time frame mentioned for the new LUWS in quite a while.

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:25 pm
by aebrown
mkmurray wrote:I forget you have insider news nowadays. This is the first I've seen a time frame mentioned for the new LUWS in quite a while.
I have no insider information. And "pretty soon" is not exactly a time frame ;). But there have been plenty of public hints that it would be well before the end of 2010.

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:04 am
by russellhltn
mkmurray wrote:I forget you have insider news nowadays.
An insider, but with a different IT department.

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:16 am
by mkmurray
Alan_Brown wrote:I have no insider information. And "pretty soon" is not exactly a time frame ;). But there have been plenty of public hints that it would be well before the end of 2010.
Interesting. I had the impression it was closer to the end of 2010, but perhaps I'm confusing it with the calendaring module.

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:53 pm
by jdcr256
New features will continue to be added to all of the applications coming in the new LDS.Org 3.0 for quite a while. But there is a good possibility that some of the applications (including Directory and Calendar) will begin migrating out of beta.lds.org within 2 or 3 months.

This doesn't mean the old applications will go away immediately (or for a long while, for that matter). But the move will signify a higher confidence level in the stability/functionality of the new apps and a recommendation that members start migrating to the new applications.