Page 1 of 1

Member Profiles

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:24 am
by marlattrj-p40
First off I apologize if this is already implemented, I do not have access the the Unit Web Site becuase before I got off of my mission my dad setup my account for me and then lost the password, and I have had a hard time getting it fixed.

My Idea is having a member profile addition to the site, where members can post information about them selfs and share it with the rest of the ward/stake. Also having a private side to it where members can view their own membership records. This could include Membership number, various ordinance dates, who preformed the ordinance, priesthood linage, etc. This would be very useful to help keep records up to date, member could look at it and if they see a discrepancy they could work with the ward clerk and get it corrected.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:13 pm
by russellhltn
marlattrj wrote:First off I apologize if this is already implemented, I do not have access the the Unit Web Site becuase before I got off of my mission my dad setup my account for me and then lost the password, and I have had a hard time getting it fixed.
Go to the login screen and click the "lost password" link. As long as you have your membership number and ordnance date it's straight forward. If you don't have that, get the ward clerk to get it to you.




marlattrj wrote:who preformed the ordinance
Except for priesthood ordination, that's no longer recorded. (Yes, it's still in the certificate - but it's no longer recorded in the membership record.)

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:42 pm
by thedqs
marlattrj wrote:This would be very useful to help keep records up to date, member could look at it and if they see a discrepancy they could work with the ward clerk and get it corrected.

Currently you are suppose to do this during tithing settlement each year, though I understand this might be slow, for right now it might be the only option.

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:26 am
by ShirtsDre
thedqs wrote:Currently you are suppose to do this during tithing settlement each year, though I understand this might be slow, for right now it might be the only option.
This is the default copy you'd get each year, but you can request a copy any time.

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:52 pm
by thedqs
BillyBoJimBob wrote:This is the default copy you'd get each year, but you can request a copy any time.
True though for the general church membership I think a once a year update would be alright. And it allows time for everything to get processed that has been piling up over the year.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:47 pm
by greenwoodkl
RussellHltn wrote:Except for priesthood ordination, that's no longer recorded. (Yes, it's still in the certificate - but it's no longer recorded in the membership record.)
I thought priesthood ordinations and those performing were still maintained in the system in order to keep the tracking of lines of authority going, or have they found a way to keep that going without keeping that information in the membership record? :confused:

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:47 pm
by russellhltn
kgthunder wrote:I thought priesthood ordinations and those performing were still maintained in the system in order to keep the tracking of lines of authority going, or have they found a way to keep that going without keeping that information in the membership record? :confused:
Correct. It's easy to mis-read what I typed. The "performed by" is no longer recorded on the membership record for things like blessing, baptism, confirmation, etc. ONLY priesthood ordinations record that.

It didn't used to be like that. The recording requirement was dumped for proxy work at the same time it was dumped for membership records. As a result, the mag stripe readers for temple recommends was dumped. So it was quite a change to the system.

The old system was handy for clerks like me, because you could read between the lines. For example, member 1 had all their work done on-time and by their father. Member 2 had their work done more or less on-time, but each line had a different name. Which one came from a strong member family? :rolleyes: How was it handy? Well, I was in a student ward. It gave some indication on background, especially if we needed to locate this member.