Next Revision Unit Web Sites Wish List

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
srweight

More Proactive LUWS ideas

Postby srweight » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:14 am

:D(the need to be able to select several concurrent callings should have been mentioned in my early post)

The next section under User Profile could include

My Calling Training options

Please send me emails containing training information from the General Handbook of Instruction, Teaching – No Greater Calling, links to the last world-wide training, and any other online resources from LDS.org for my calling.
(Example: I selected "Sunday School Teacher - Gospel Doctrine” and the website would send me public information to train me in Sunday School policies. It would send different parts over weeks and repeat until I selected to reply and stop the email training process.)

MLS Related Messages Options
Please send MLS related messages to my personal email also.
(I am the STS and really have limited reason to do a send and receive in MLS unless I am trying to help with a problem or doing a upgrade so messages to me can sit in my box for days whereas I check the LUWS daily – unless I have been nuked as Admin again)

My Family Training and Support options

My position in the family is: (pop down look-up list) “head of family – unwed mother”

Please send me via email information on Provident Living each week
Please send me Job information
Please send me Education information
Please let my ward leaders know that I have requested this information.

I need help with a teenage daughter that is shop-lifting

Please send me suggestions for Family Home Evening from LDS Family Services.
Please let my Ward leaders know that I have requested this information.

My Personal Interests Options
(this section would work like Google Alerts)
Family History
Church History
BYU Sports
News of the Church
Places to Visit
Temples
Underwater Basket Weaving
Food Storage
Legume Recipes

skexsis-p40

Lesson Schedules

Postby skexsis-p40 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:28 am

Another addition to the site would be in the Lesson Schedule area. It just has the lesson schedule mapped out for Sunday School and Relief Society/Priesthood. My Ward has commented on how there needs to be a lesson schedule for the other auxiliaries such as Primary, Young Men/Women. We (I am called to Primary as well) do not have a way to check to see where we need to be in the lesson manual for that Sunday, but Sunday School and RS, HP, EQ have a way to see where they need to be in their respective manuals. Primary , and YM/YW feel left out that the site does not consider these auxiliaries important enough to have a way to list the schedule of lessons. Please consider this in the next upgrade.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:38 am

skexsis wrote:My Ward has commented on how there needs to be a lesson schedule for the other auxiliaries such as Primary, Young Men/Women.

Until then, you can post it as a news item, or as a PDF attached to a news item.

michaelcox

Postby michaelcox » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:54 pm

skexsis wrote:Another addition to the site would be in the Lesson Schedule area. It just has the lesson schedule mapped out for Sunday School and Relief Society/Priesthood. My Ward has commented on how there needs to be a lesson schedule for the other auxiliaries such as Primary, Young Men/Women. We (I am called to Primary as well) do not have a way to check to see where we need to be in the lesson manual for that Sunday, but Sunday School and RS, HP, EQ have a way to see where they need to be in their respective manuals. Primary , and YM/YW feel left out that the site does not consider these auxiliaries important enough to have a way to list the schedule of lessons. Please consider this in the next upgrade.

Also, there are other Sunday School classes, besides Gospel Doctrine, as I've taught Gospel Essentials/Principles off and on for several years.
Thanks,

Michael H. Cox

fraserredmond

How to have the biggest impact

Postby fraserredmond » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:35 pm

Well, I have a suggestion on how the new version of the LUWS can have the biggest/quickest impact:

Don't add any/many new features, instead focus on getting the existing features ported to the new platform so that international units can use it.

I appreciate that theres localization concerns for many areas, but making the new version available to UK/Australia/New Zealand/South America would have a really big impact on leaders/members in these countries.

(According to this thread its not possible to have the existing version work outside of North America.)

bhofmann-p40

Postby bhofmann-p40 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:01 am

redzarf wrote:Don't add any/many new features, instead focus on getting the existing features ported to the new platform so that international units can use it.

Depending on the platform selected, it might come with enhanced internationalization. Just a thought...

srweight

Generally required information and Acronyms for an Event

Postby srweight » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:13 am

It would be nice to have some general information requirements that the posting form would check for when submitting an event.

I would like to see, for example;
Ward
Organization (use acronyms)
Event
Room(s) requested (use acronyms)
Contact person
Details

opee

Full Yearly Calendar or Quarterly Calendar views

Postby opee » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:16 pm

It would also be nice to see all of the calendars for a year or quarter in one view, rather than each one at a time. It would be helpful to have this option so that you can plan events for the year, view upcoming events in a quick view, etc.

michaelcox

Timeline

Postby michaelcox » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:01 pm

Any guesses on what kind of timeline we are looking at for LUWS 2.0?
Thanks,

Michael H. Cox

WelchTC

Postby WelchTC » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:02 am

michaelcox wrote:Any guesses on what kind of timeline we are looking at for LUWS 2.0?

The Church has not made any public announcement as to when LUWS 2.0 will be released. When we do, this community will be the first to know about it.

Tom

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”