danmcf wrote:I simply need to now what specific steps to take in order to correct the issue.
I am openning IE 7 and typing in lds.org and then selecting Ward and Stake Websites . Once there is login..... Everyone that has had their calling changed in the last few months shows incorrect data. http://lds.org/directory/?lang=eng
# shows the correct information.
That is because updates to callings in MLS eventually show up at that link (usually within a few days of being transmitted by MLS, if not within minutes).
But if that link happens to show incorrect information, follow these steps:
1. Login to MLS 3.3 on your ward clerk's computer. If the version of MLS on your ward clerk's computer is anything less than MLS 3.3, then the rest of these steps won't change anything at that link.
2. Print out a Callings by Organization
report to use as a hardcopy backup for step 5.
3. Do a Request Unit Refresh Data...
from within MLS, and then do a Send/Receive
4. After the Send/Receive
has completed, wait at least 15 minutes and then do another Send/Receive
to get the refresh. [color="#8b0000"]Refreshes overwrite ALL the calling and membership data in your local version of MLS with what is on file at Church headquarters.[/color]
5. Use the Callings by Organization
report you printed out in step 2 to make any needed corrections.
6. Transmit any changes made in step 5 by doing another Send/Receive
Calling data at that link is independent from any calling information in MLS, thus calling information at that link can only be updated manually through that website itself. Since that link is supposed to be phased out by the end of 2011, updating the callings at that link is most likely not worth the effort. But if you want to do it anyway, these are the steps:
1. Using your LDS Account credentials, sign in to your unit's classic Local Unit Web Site (LUWS).
2. In the navigation pane on the left-hand side of the screen, click the Administrator Options
3. In the new Administrator window that pops up (with the green background instead of blue), click on the Leadership Directory
link in the navigation pane on the left-hand side of the screen.
4. In the main window, click on the link for the organization you wish to update.
5. Make any needed changes.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed until all organizations are up-to-date.
7. When you are finished making changes, close the Administrator window that popped up in step 3.
8. Repeat steps 1 thru 7 every time there is a change in the callings in your unit.
If you can't get past step 2, then convince someone else that can get past step 2 to update the Leadership Directory at that link before it disappears altogether at the end of 2011.