Priesthood Lessons (47 in the JS manual)

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators
Posts: 2757
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:32 am
Location: Dundee, Oregon, USA

Postby rmrichesjr » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:07 pm

Maybe I already mentioned it earlier in this thread, but what has worked well for our elders quorum is to double up on the fourth Sunday if a ward conference or other event preempted the regular second or third Sunday lesson from the book. As a counselor, I teach the fourth Sunday and (with quorum president approval) cover the highlights of the book chapter that was missed plus the highlights of the conference talks scheduled for the fourth Sunday of that month. That has the advantages of covering all book chapters in order (or almost in order) without missing any. A few years ago, in response to a suggestion I sent in, someone from the curriculum department said their recommendation was to cover the chapters in order.

TinMan
Member
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:08 am
Location: Bountiful, UT, USA

Just bumping

Postby TinMan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:12 am

Just bumping thread to see if the information is still correct: Priesthood and RS lessons must be entered by the Stake. Correct?

dmaynes
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:50 am
Location: Pleasant Grove, Utah

Postby dmaynes » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:16 am

TinMan wrote:Just bumping thread to see if the information is still correct: Priesthood and RS lessons must be entered by the Stake. Correct?


That's correct. The LUWS software does not currently allows the wards to override the stake schedule for the Priesthood and RS lessons.

TinMan
Member
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:08 am
Location: Bountiful, UT, USA

Postby TinMan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:23 am

Okie Dokie. Thanks

TerrySackett
Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:58 pm

Why?

Postby TerrySackett » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Why does the stake have to enter those lessons? The wards in my stake don't have ward conference all on the same day, obviously, so we inevitably get out of sync every February or March. Additionally, we all have different fourth Sunday conference address lessons, and it would be really nice to be able to put them on the lesson schedule, instead of the ward online calendar.

Oops! Sorry, I just realized that I have asked these questions before. Nevermind.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15123
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:07 pm

SR Ward Clerk wrote:Why does the stake have to enter those lessons? The wards in my stake don't have ward conference all on the same day, obviously, so we inevitably get out of sync every February or March. Additionally, we all have different fourth Sunday conference address lessons, and it would be really nice to be able to put them on the lesson schedule, instead of the ward online calendar.


To refresh your memory, you already asked this question in April (see your post) in this very thread, and the question was answered, with links to an additional thread. You might want to review that helpful information.

TerrySackett
Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:58 pm

Postby TerrySackett » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:16 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:To refresh your memory, you already asked this question in April (see your post) in this very thread, and the question was answered, with links to an additional thread. You might want to review that helpful information.


Thanks, I remembered that after I posted it. That's why I added the last line to my post, because I could not find how to delete it. :o


Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests