Individual not showing up in calling reports

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:17 am

Alan_Brown wrote:Also, some of these organizational changes may have been done long ago, even before MLS had an Officers Sustained form, so there may have been no way to see that there was a problem at that time, and the custom positions have simply been carried forward over the years.
I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the titles have changed over time and what was a default position may have suddenly become a custom position when MLS was upgraded.

The problem may have started with a prior clerk. I wouldn't loose any sleep on how it happened, I'd just fix it and avoid creating any positions for common callings. I do remember that many positions were not where we expected to find them, but they were there.

jeromer7

It Works!

Postby jeromer7 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:04 am

Alan_Brown wrote:Did you explicitly check the Custom Positions section of the Stake Presidency organization in MLS to see if there were any custom positions involved?
No, I had not thought to look for Custom Positions. Checked it out last night and found that to be my problem as far as Clerk and Assistant Clerk are concerned. Cleaned it up and the Sustaining List now populates correctly. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Apparently it is not just custom positions that conflict with "hard-coded" positions that don't get picked up in creating the sustaining list. We have a Custom Position of Assistant Executive Secretary that doesn't make it into the sustaining list. Didn't do exhaustive testing, but on the surface it appears that Custom Positions are ignored when building the list.
JLR

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:27 am

JLRose wrote:We have a Custom Position of Assistant Executive Secretary that doesn't make it into the sustaining list. Didn't do exhaustive testing, but on the surface it appears that Custom Positions are ignored when building the list.
The Officers Sustained list is just for the specific callings that are the specific leadership positions that are to be sustained (or included in the FYI section of the form) in Ward Conference. So it will include the Beehive Secretary, but not the Scoutmaster, for example. It's not only custom positions that are ignored, but also many built-in positions (Scoutmaster is a built-in position in the Boy Scouts organization, but doesn't show up on the Officers Sustained form).

TerrySackett

Postby TerrySackett » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:37 am

Alan_Brown wrote:one of the wards added positions to the Relief Society presidency of "Education Counselor" and "Homemaking Counselor", rather than using the standard "1st Counselor" and "2nd Counselor".

Maybe they should have added "Apostasy Counselor" also! :eek:

Besides, the Homemaking Counselor should have been Enrichment Counselor. :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”