YSA Leaders Out-Of-Unit Calling

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

manielsen2002 wrote:I will get this corrected. I'm a new Stake Clerk and was just stating current situation as I saw it. Makes sense and certainly want to correct this to adhear to church policy. Thanks for pointing this out.
One thing to note is that when their records move out CDOL will release them (except the Bishop) and send those releases down to MLS, so you will have to add them back into whatever callings the should have.
sambryner

Who is responsible for creating out of unit member?

Post by sambryner »

Hi,

I am a ward clerk in a YSA ward and we just got a new bishopric. I know that the stake clerk has to submit a change of leader for the bishop. My question is regarding the counselors of the bishopric. Am I as ward clerk responsible for creating an out of unit record for them?

Thanks
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

sambryner wrote:Hi,

I am a ward clerk in a YSA ward and we just got a new bishopric. I know that the stake clerk has to submit a change of leader for the bishop. My question is regarding the counselors of the bishopric. Am I as ward clerk responsible for creating an out of unit record for them?

Thanks
Yes. That is because the callings for the counselors has to be entered in the ward MLS.
sambryner

Post by sambryner »

What information do I need in order to create an out of unit member record?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The procedure for creating an out of unit record is found in the out of unit records section of the Temporary records wiki article. You will see the necessary fields highlighted in MLS when creating the record. As a minimum full name, birth date, birth place, MRN, and priesthood ordinance information for a leadership position is needed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”