MLS Test data

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:24 pm

The test install works for version 3.5. But MLS 3.5 cannot be installed on top of previous versions. A fresh install must be done. But before doing a fresh install, the previous install must be completely deleted. This includes removing all MLS folders left behind after doing an uninstall. After the install is complete there is no way to recover a previous backup with your modified test data. The test data will be clean data. The problems associated with the aging of the data birth dates makes the test data nearly unusable for certain aspects of membership.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:52 pm

jdlessley wrote:The test install works for version 3.5. But MLS 3.5 cannot be installed on top of previous versions. A fresh install must be done. But before doing a fresh install, the previous install must be completely deleted. This includes removing all MLS folders left behind after doing an uninstall. After the install is complete there is no way to recover a previous backup with your modified test data. The test data will be clean data. The problems associated with the aging of the data birth dates makes the test data nearly unusable for certain aspects of membership.

Over the years I've added quite a bit of test data for home teaching, younger members, financial data, etc. So I'm not too excited about the prospect of starting with clean data. So I'll stick with 3.4.3 for now.

But thanks for doing the research; it's nice to know that there's a way to make MLS 3.5 work with the test data.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”