Bishopric change - Bishop previously ordained

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
colbyj

Bishopric change - Bishop previously ordained

Post by colbyj »

Hi - stake clerk here, we had a Bishopric change this past weekend. The Bishop had previously served as a Bishop in another stake, so was already ordained to the office of Bishop. When updating MLS using the leadership change form (or whatever it is called) there are required fields where I enter who set him apart as Bishop this past Sunday (my stake president) and also who ordained him to Bishop (a stake president from his previous stake). The problem is I am not able to enter the name of the brother who ordained him because he is from another stake and the drop-down search window only populates names from our stake. Or... am I able to manually enter the name of the brother from another stake? I didn't try this yet...
My question is, how do I enter the name of the brother who ordained our new Bishop when that brother was from another stake and it occured a couple years ago?
hope this makes sense....thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

colbyj wrote: Or... am I able to manually enter the name of the brother from another stake? I didn't try this yet...
My question is, how do I enter the name of the brother who ordained our new Bishop when that brother was from another stake and it occured a couple years ago?

You can simply enter the name of the person who performed the ordination. The search window is for your convenience if the ordainer is in your stake, but the ordainer could have been in another stake, be a general authority, or various other possibilities where he is not a member of your stake.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
colbyj

Post by colbyj »

great, thank you, I was able to make the change by manually entering the info. My bad for simply not trying that earlier. Appreciate your response and these forums that allow us to gain answers so quickly.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”