Temple Recommend Status in Reports

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
pickup58

Re: Temple Recommend Status in Reports

Post by pickup58 »

There is a major discrepancy between the unit statistics figure for active temple recommends and the sum of the individual ward active recommends obtained by selecting temple recommend status report and clicking list by active.
On the unit statistics page, a click on the blue figure for endowed with recommend for any ward will pull up a report entitled 'Clerk resources - Endowed with Recommend'. This report is not accessible from the main reports page. The count number at the foot of the page matches the unit statistics figure. However, a name by name comparison between the 'Endowed with recommend' report and the temple recommend status report listed by active, reveals the discrepancy: several members whose recommends have long since expired are shown on the 'Endowed with Recommend', when they should not be. This is not an issue about expired last month, as these recommends have been expired for years.
The consequence of this discrepancy is that when the June quarterly report is compiled, the figure for endowed members with temple recommends is significantly less than the unit statistics report.
wiseman13

Post by wiseman13 »

We are seeing the same issue:

Unit Statistics is reporting 24.
Clerk Resources - Temple Recommend Status Report is reporting 50 when filtered to expired.
Running Clerk Resources - Endowed without Recommend via the Unit Statistics page also gives 24 names.

When I look at the names on the Clerk Resources - Temple Recommend Status Report vs Clerk Resources - Endowed without Recommend I notice the following trend in name that are missing from Clerk Resources - Endowed without Recommend.
1. Any member with a null Expires data is included in the Endowed without Recommend report. So basically any long term not endowed (prior to sometime mid 2004 as our oldest expired date is Sep 2004).
2. Most members with an expired recommend and a non-null expires data are not included in the report. I have a married couple that is the exception to this. There recommends just expired (Jun 2013) and they do show on the report, but another member whose recommend also expired Jun 2013 does not show on the report.

I hope this helps you all find and fix the error as these errors are also causing the stats in LDS Tools to be wrong. If more information is needed please reply here or PM me.
-Scott
tomj
Community Moderators

Post by tomj »

From the Stake position, We are seeing this on the reports for all of our wards in our stake. My concern is that it's giving a false sense of reality to Bishop's and Ward Councils, especially since our stake has a goal to increase number of endowed members with recommends.

I'd love for this bug fix to be expedited. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. -Tom J.
ulupoi

Post by ulupoi »

Same problem here. In one of our wards, for example, in lds.org => Clerk Resources => Unit Statistics, the category Endowed with Recommend now has 105 people, including many people whose recommends have expired. At the same time, MLS => Membership => Recommends => View Recommends Active shows that to be 72.
jeffsnoy

Post by jeffsnoy »

Same problem with my Stake. The MLS figures seem to be correct. The on-line data at lds.org is inflated since it considers members who once had a temple recommend as being "Endowed with Recommend". This seems like a major software glitch. How do we get it corrected and who do we contact?
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

We are currently working on a fix for this issue. There are units worldwide which issue temple recommends that are not tracked by Church headquarters. This is why members who have been endowed in the past may show up as having a current recommend, when that may not be the case (and the other way around). In this case, we are making an assumption one way or the other.

There is also a question on who is considered to be an "adult". The rules for adulthood vary by Church locality and various other factors (such as having a child at a young age, etc.).

I'm working on getting some more definition around the rules that should drive these numbers. When that is decided, I can fix it.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
ulupoi

Post by ulupoi »

jkitterman wrote:We are currently working on a fix for this issue. There are units worldwide which issue temple recommends that are not tracked by Church headquarters. This is why members who have been endowed in the past may show up as having a current recommend, when that may not be the case (and the other way around). In this case, we are making an assumption one way or the other.

I'm working on getting some more definition around the rules that should drive these numbers. When that is decided, I can fix it.
Could you just take that information from each unit's MLS => Unit Statistics and use that to populate that field in lds.org => Unit Statistics?
krk22

Online Endowed without Recommend list

Post by krk22 »

I noticed that the online 'Endowed without Recommend list' accessed through the 'unit statistics' page is not accurate. It lists only those without an expiration date and those that have expired since Apr 2013. I have a clump of 29 individuals with recommends expired from May 2004 through Mar 2013 that do not show up in the 'Endowed without Recommend' list. They do show up in the 'Endowed with Recommend' list when accessed through the 'unit statistics' page.

Both lists are accurate when accessed directly from the drop-down menus.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Online Endowed without Recommend list

Post by aebrown »

krk22 wrote:I noticed that the online 'Endowed without Recommend list' accessed through the 'unit statistics' page is not accurate.
Yes, this is a known problem. I moved your post to be in the existing topic for the issue. The most recent status we have is in this post.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”