mls 3.5

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Miguelant

mls 3.5

Post by Miguelant »

no se como instalar mls 3.5 gracias
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

MLS 3.5 is not available yet. It is in a limited beta test at this point. When it is available, it will automatically be downloaded to your clerk computer.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jeffudy

Mls 3.5

Post by jeffudy »

If it not here, don't send emails to try and find it here. I have looked here twice... Post the link in your email...

THANKS
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jeffudy wrote:If it not here, don't send emails to try and find it here. I have looked here twice... Post the link in your email...
MLS will automatically update to version 3.5 when it is released. You will not be notified personally when it is released. If you keep an eye on this forum or subscribe to it for new messages you will see the announcement, if they make one.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

jdlessley wrote:MLS will automatically update to version 3.5 when it is released. You will not be notified personally when it is released. If you keep an eye on this forum or subscribe to it for new messages you will see the announcement, if they make one.

We've just been notified that it may come available from and I quote "MLS version 3.5 should be released to all units the first time they do a send and receive after Friday 12th October."
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Biggles wrote:We've just been notified that it may come available from and I quote "MLS version 3.5 should be released to all units the first time they do a send and receive after Friday 12th October."
It would be helpful to have the reference on this one, phone call, email, MLS message, heard it through the grapevine? :)
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

I was discussing several issues with LUS earlier this week when I asked when they thought MLS 3.5 was going to be released. The answer I received was that it was planned to be sent out on Friday the 12th. With that information I plan on notifying all the clerks in our stake to look for it that day or at minimum do the multiple "send/receives" early Sunday morning so they will have finances unlocked by the time they want to do their counts.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

FFRsqpilot wrote:I was discussing several issues with LUS earlier this week when I asked when they thought MLS 3.5 was going to be released. The answer I received was that it was planned to be sent out on Friday the 12th. With that information I plan on notifying all the clerks in our stake to look for it that day or at minimum do the multiple "send/receives" early Sunday morning so they will have finances unlocked by the time they want to do their counts.
If that is true, I believe we couldn't have picked a worse date. With General Conference this weekend, how many clerks will actually get the messaging that the upgrade is going to happen the next Sunday they will attend church - requiring an additional 90 minutes of their time? This means that a HUGE install based will be surprised by this the morning it happens, they will not have had their print-outs completed, etc... I hope we can get this date re-considered.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

JohnShaw wrote:This means that a HUGE install based will be surprised by this the morning it happens, they will not have had their print-outs completed, etc... I hope we can get this date re-considered.
Why would they not have their print-outs completed? A message was sent out through MLS on what to do to prepare for the release. If they have not done that prep work by now, then all I have to say is "so sad to bad, it stinks to be you". Have Fun.:)
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The message that was sent to all clerks (BTW, I did not receive it as a Stake Clerk) stated in the next few weeks MLS would be rolled out.... As we all know, and have talked about many times on this board, these dates are never really that solid. I believe it would be pretty normal for a clerk to wait for the message indicating WHEN the actual rollout will happen to print out the reports (a callings by organization will change a great deal in 1 months in my experience). In this particular case, I think it very reasonable to put the release off a week.

I don't believe in "so sad to bad, it stinks to be you" in Zion Communities - think about it 17000 congregations * 90 minutes = 25500 volunteer hours potentially affected - Why not wait a week?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”