mls 3.5

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wonko wrote:Perhaps a bit of overkill in this situation, but then a little Humor is always a good thing. ;)

If it is any consolation, this upgrade is nothing compared to what I went through when MLS was rolled out in North America in 2004.
lehrschallbrian

Post by lehrschallbrian »

We did not receive it in my ward this Sunday.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lehrschallbrian wrote:We did not receive it in my ward this Sunday.
You're one of the lucky ones then. You will have time to print the reports before the upgrade. Make sure you read and understand the upgrade process found in the Record-Keeping and Technology Support site in "Applications/MLS/MLS Release Notifications". That article has more detailed information than the MLS message.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I'm currently working on our Stake Win 7 pc following the MLS 3.5 upgrade. I received a call last night from the Stake President advising me that they were getting windows errors. They shut the system down and I just left there after 90 minutes of trying to figure out what was going on. The pc boots just fine. A scan of the hard-drive shows no issues. However, when you attempt to do anything, including just list files in a folder, it often takes forever (several minutes). Prior to this issue appearing the system was responding beautifully.

I'm suspecting that we may have picked up a virus or trojan from somewhere, so my next job is to run a scan using something other than Sophos. I have a few at my disposal. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this following the MLS 3.5 update?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

As of 12:00pm Eastern 10/21/2012 the update has yet to appear.
Yockey

Post by Yockey »

techgy, I'd call support. Unless you have people using your computer for unauthorized things, I'd be suprised if you got a virus on a church computer. If possible, I'd make a backup handy and dig out the Windows Restore disk; support might want you to start from scratch.

As with others, my stake in southern Idaho hasn't received 3.5 yet.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aclawson wrote:As of 12:00pm Eastern 10/21/2012 the update has yet to appear.
It is not going to be released until Monday, 22 October, as announced in post #16 in the MLS 3.5 Thread Post by the MLS Product Manager thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

The stake MLS installation has been updating for the past couple of hours, but none of the ward installs are showing any sign of updates yet. Have other people noticed if their stake machines were pushed and only after that was completed the wards got their updates?
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

Ward updates are independent of stake updates. As of now MLS 3.5 hasn't been pushed worldwide yet.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

The stake MLS machine has been processing the update for almost 7 hours now, still showing the "Updating Stake Data..." window with the Knight Rider status light.

Brand new machine, just staged last week. Lots of RAM, fast hard drive, fresh installation of MLS. Seven hours and still chugging along. I am very, very happy that this isn't a ward machine on Sunday morning.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”