Household Being Home Taught

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jbh001 wrote:From the menu bar, navigate to Membership > Individual Record > select the record in question > Household Members.

Is this person listed as Head of Household?
Yes.
If yes, is the Household Name the same last name as the Head of Household?
Yes.
If yes, when you navigate from the menu bar to Membership > Household Record, can you locate the household record there?
Yes.
If yes, when you navigate from the menu bar to Organizations > HT Reporting > Enter HT Visits > set View by: to Household > set Show for Organization: to All > set Show for District: to All, can you locate the household record there?
No.
I would consider doing a unit refresh.
I will try it.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

What happens if you try to (1) remove the son from the household record, make him his own household, then (2) move his mom to that new household, and then (3a) change her to head of house, or (3b) then remove her from that new household back to being her own separate household (reverse step 2 then reverse step 1)?

(I'm not exactly sure how to do # 3a.)

Similarly, what happens if you try to move both records to someone else's household and then move them back out of that household?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jbh001 wrote:What happens if you try to (1) (2) (3a) (3b)?

Similarly, what happens if you try to move both records to someone else's household and then move them back out of that household?
Did not work.

I finally did the Request Membership Data Refresh from CHQ and she showed up in the list of Households.

The refresh did not fix other problems, such as the Name Unknown, Jill Anne situation. However, it did allow me to remove those names and they stay gone, rather than coming back each time.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:I finally did the Request Membership Data Refresh from CHQ and she showed up in the list of Households.
I need to clarify this entry. Actually, the Data Refresh did not fix the problem and she did not show up on the list of Households. I went back to duplicate the problem and here is what I discovered.

There are two lists that MLS picks from when working in the Home Teaching panel.

Clicking on the Households Being Taught link returns one list. This sister was NOT on that list, where she should have been. So how did I find her at last?

At a name that WAS on the list, I clicked on the Assign link. This took me to an option screen to Create a new companionship or to Assign this household to an existing companionship. Select either option.

Now, you are at the Add Home Teaching Companionship screen. On this screen, in the Households Taught section, click on the Add link. You will be taken to the "Assign Household to be Home Taught" list.

The missing sister WAS on this list. I selected her, clicked Ok, and the assignment was made.

While I was doing this, I also discovered an interesting thing about the Name Unknown households that dangle in the database when families move out of the unit.

The Name Unknown households are on the Households Being Taught list but are NOT on the Assign Household to be Home Taught list. Nevertheless, if you are at the Households Being Taught list and select the Assign button, then choose either to Create a new companionship or to Assign this household to an existing companionship, MLS will act as if it is making the assignment.

After you are done making the assignment, the Name Unknown will be gone and the family will NOT be assigned to any of the companionships.

So my missing sister was on the Assign Household to be Home Taught list but not on the Households Being Taught list. And the Name Unknown members were NOT on the Assign Household to be Home Taught list, but WERE on the Households Being Taught list.

Quote of the day from one help desk helper to another who was assisting: "Look at this, this is really interesting."

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”