Recording ordinances not properly recorded

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

smithgw wrote:Mentally handicapped members are sometimes categorized as "Not Accountable." The definition of this classification and the possiblility of eventually being baptized are covered on page 33 of the Church Handbook of Instructions, Book 1. This may be of help to you.
This referrence does not provide instruction as to the method of entering a record of baptism as discussed in the previous posts.

The CHI, page 32, does define a convert baptism as baptisms of persons age nine and older who have never been baptized and confirmed. There is another definition but does not apply to this situation. With that in mind the baptism records should be handled by the mission.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

crislapi wrote:Just had a similar issue. Child of record was baptized when 10, but it was never recorded.
Why does this have to be so difficult?
crislapi wrote:I guess a major detail I left out is that the child is mentally handicapped. I guess there was a decision that he was not accountable until he reached age 10? That was a decision the bishop and parents made. But along those lines, it was not considered a convert baptism and was not handled by the mission.
I think the best option is to use the Special Requests feature within MLS to describe what needs to happen to the record and why.

Option 2 would be to have the bishop call clerk support and request the change over the phone.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”