Page 1 of 1

Password Reset

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:41 am
by JRP1975
Ok this is kind of an embarrassing moment. Question changed my Ml
MLS password then forgot it. Please help, how do I reset it?

Re: Password Reset

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:02 am
by russellhltn
Someone with MLS admin rights can reset it.

Re: Password Reset

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:45 pm
by JRP1975
Thank you, got it.

Re: Password Reset

Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:02 am
by imler
Where do I go to change password

Re: Password Reset

Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:29 pm
by jdlessley
imler wrote:Where do I go to change password

If you do not have MLS administrator privileges then you will need to work with an administrator, typically the bishop and ward clerk, to change the password. If you are an administrator it is in System > User Accounts.

Re: Password Reset

Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:34 pm
by russellhltn
jdlessley wrote:If you do not have MLS administrator privileges then you will need to work with an administrator, typically the bishop and ward clerk, to change the password.

That's certainly true of forgotten passwords, but what about if you just want to change the password? Perhaps because it's due to expire?

Re: Password Reset

Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:00 pm
by Biggles
Changing or an expiring password can be changed without the need of a second or third administrator present. I have done it many times.

Re: Password Reset

Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:25 pm
by jdlessley
russellhltn wrote:
jdlessley wrote:If you do not have MLS administrator privileges then you will need to work with an administrator, typically the bishop and ward clerk, to change the password.

That's certainly true of forgotten passwords, but what about if you just want to change the password? Perhaps because it's due to expire?

When you log on during the interval between the first notice and the last notice you just need to enter your current password and your new password twice in the popup that is displayed. That popup will be displayed after you enter your username during login. After the third notice is dismissed then you will need the help of two administrators during the fourth or later logon attempts.

If a user just wants to change their password and have not received an expiring password notice then they will need an administrator to go to System > User Profiles, select the username from the list of users and complete the password change just as has always been done in the past before the new requirement. (This is what I was referring to in my quote above.}

Re: Password Reset

Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:06 pm
by jdlessley
jdlessley wrote:If a user just wants to change their password and have not received an expiring password notice then they will need an administrator ...

I just checked today to see if our finance clerk could change his password without the help of an administrator. It turns out all that he had to do was click Edit from the menu and then click Change Password.