MLS Access Rights and Ability to Execute Functions

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mrtaz-p40

MLS Access Rights and Ability to Execute Functions

Post by mrtaz-p40 »

I am having two issues with access rights on the stake MLS system and users abilities to perform certain functions.

First, the assistant stake clerk has all access except for admin and yet does not have the ability to see the quarterly report on the reporting menu. The only way to have him see it is to give him Admin access. That does not make sense to me.

Second, the stake executive secretarty does not have the option to do a send/receive. He was trying to update the system to view home teaching statistics.

You will find two attachments, one for the screen shots for the assistant stake clerk and one for the assistant executive secretary.

Any ideas would be most helpful as it does not make sense to me to give everyone admin rights.
Attachments
Permission Iissue.pdf
(621.72 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mrtaz wrote:... [T]he assistant stake clerk has all access except for admin and yet does not have the ability to see the quarterly report on the reporting menu. The only way to have him see it is to give him Admin access. That does not make sense to me.
Your screen shot for a user that does not have Admin access is the same display as my test stake unit for a user with the same access rights. To get the Stake Quarterly Report I used the Lists | Reports | Stake Quarterly Report from the menu bar.
mrtaz wrote:... [T]he stake executive secretarty does not have the option to do a send/receive.
If the executive secretary does not have Admin or Finance access then Send / Receive Changes and Urgent Tasks are not available because he can only view data with View Membership or Organization only access. If you want him to be able to do a Send / Receive Changes then he would have to at least have Finance access. This may not be the access you want him to have but until MLS is changed....
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:If you want him to be able to do a Send / Receive Changes then he would have to at least have Finance access.
It appears that "Edit Membership" rights will also allow a send/receive.
jenkinsja-p40

Post by jenkinsja-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:It appears that "Edit Membership" rights will also allow a send/receive.

Unfortunately, it would seem that "Edit Membership" rights are not an option at a Stake level (or don't do anything if they are enabled), since no membership records reside directly in the Stake (but reside in the Stake's wards or branches). It would seem then, that if the Executive Secretary for the stake needs to do a Send/Receive, then he would need either Admin or Finance Rights.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jenkinsja wrote:Unfortunately, it would seem that "Edit Membership" rights are not an option at a Stake level
Oops, I was checking the ward level. :o
SmithGW

Access Rights and the Ability to Execute Functions

Post by SmithGW »

We have noted your inability where the Quarterly Report is concerned when you have View Membership rights. A bug has been entered for the design team to consider. Thanks for the heads up.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”