Recording death in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:04 pm

jbh001 wrote:Even when the civil marriage was performed by the bishop? Can't I just ask the bishop himself when he performed the marriage?

Since the clerk or bishop should see the document, and since the bishop saw the document or he would not have been authorized to perform the marriage (in Oklahoma), I would think that the requirement has been met in this case.

The bishop reviewed the document and then asked the clerk to update the record. Works for me. [grin]

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:50 pm

mkmurray wrote:I feel I still must state that the decision is really up to your local leadership.

I can agree with that. When I was a clerk, normally I'd use my best judgment but if there was any question I'd ask the Bishop. I'd say 90% of the time the info came from the Bishop or the individual directly, so there really wasn't much question.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

ToddCSA

Postby ToddCSA » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:09 am

I am also trying to find out if there is a way to generate a report of Members who have Died.
Anyone know if there is a way to see or get a report of Member who have Died?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:12 am

Typically when a member dies, their record is removed from MLS. If MLS doesn't track the action (like it does for move-outs), then I don't see how you could create a report except to go over all the transactions that were printed out/saved.

Just for kicks, you could do the move-out report and see if it has what you need.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”