Stake Clerk

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
gblomgren

Stake Clerk

Post by gblomgren »

Also, I wonder why MLS only runs on Windows XP and not Vista? Of course, it would GREAT if it would run on the Mac as well. As a Stake Clerk, this is a real concern because I can't access MLS on either one of my laptops.

Note: Moved comment on Employment to this thread.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

gblomgren wrote:Also, I wonder why MLS only runs on Windows XP and not Vista? Of course, it would GREAT if it would run on the Mac as well. As a Stake Clerk, this is a real concern because I can't access MLS on either one of my laptops.
I hope you mean to install MLS on your laptops for testing and training and not for actual stake work. ;) If so, drop me a PM and I can let you know how I got MLS with the test unit data running under many different MS OS's, including Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, etc.; with both x86 and x64 platforms. Sorry, no experience with Mac's (yet).
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Mikerowaved wrote:I hope you mean to install MLS on your laptops for testing and training and not for actual stake work. ;) If so, drop me a PM and I can let you know how I got MLS with the test unit data running under many different MS OS's, including Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, etc.; with both x86 and x64 platforms. Sorry, no experience with Mac's (yet).
Rather than a PM, this sounds like a great addition to the MLS test data wiki article. If you don't have the time or inclination to put it in that format, just send me the information by PM and I'll wikify it. Of those I've only done 32-bit Vista Home Premium, so the more extensive information would be very helpful.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

And just to state the obvious, if you are not referring to the test version, then it should be made clear that the only computer the official MLS should be run on is the one supplied to you by FM, which is a pc running windows XP.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Here are some relevant posts to read through:
One, two, three.

Two was supposed to take you here. Thanks lajackson.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

crislapi wrote:Here are some relevant posts to read through:
One, two, three,
One and two are the same, but your point is well taken.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”