Should assistant stake clerk have MLS access/account?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Arnoldrobert88@gmail.com

Should assistant stake clerk have MLS access/account?

Post by Arnoldrobert88@gmail.com »

Is it ok for Stake assistant clerk to access in MSL. Regards Daru Stake PNG Assistant Clerk Arnold Robert Araruk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: how to recover password on MLS account?

Post by russellhltn »

Arnoldrobert88@gmail.com wrote:Is it ok for Stake assistant clerk to access in MSL. Regards Daru Stake PNG Assistant Clerk Arnold Robert Araruk
With the approval of the stake president, I don't see why a stake assistant clerk couldn't be granted access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Should assistant stake clerk have MLS access/account?

Post by jdlessley »

An assistant stake clerk will need access to MLS if their responsibilities include finance and/or membership responsibilities. Finance and membership responsibilities are common responsibilities for an assistant stake clerk.

[moderator note: This thread split from another thread because the topics are different. Please follow the Code of Conduct that states "Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread."]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:An assistant stake clerk will need access to MLS if their responsibilities include finance and/or membership responsibilities. Finance and membership responsibilities are common responsibilities for an assistant stake clerk.
That would be true for access to to the stake MLS system. It was unclear if the question was about access to the stake or ward's MLS. So, I over-simplified my answer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The Assistant Stake Clerk--Technology should have access to all of the administrative computers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:The Assistant Stake Clerk--Technology should have access to all of the administrative computers.
At one time there was a prohibition against the STS from accessing the records without supervision. But I can't find that right now.

I believe he should have access to the computers, but a password to MLS is more of a gray area. It's a trade off between security and convenience of doing the work without having to have another clerk there.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:The Assistant Stake Clerk--Technology should have access to all of the administrative computers.
At one time there was a prohibition against the STS from accessing the records without supervision. But I can't find that right now.
I think it said without permission. It is part of some very old policy instructions that I have not transferred from my old computer. I could not find anything specific in the Help Center.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Took some hunting, but I found it. Meetinghouse Technology Roles and Responsibilities
4.14 Does not have access to financial or membership data unless serving in an additional calling which requires it
That looks like a bigger "no" then I previously indicated.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Yep. That's pretty clear, isn't it.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”