BUG - LCR Create Record Form - Maiden Name Wrong

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
brpeck

BUG - LCR Create Record Form - Maiden Name Wrong

Post by brpeck »

A bug in LCR - Couldn't find another post with this info.

When I went to create a new record for a baby BIC, it allows me to select the parents from members of the ward.
When selecting the mother, it populates the current name, not the maiden name, into the 'Child Record Form' that is generated and needs to be signed, scanned, and uploaded.

The form field is 'Mother's maiden name' yet it will not allow me to enter the maiden name, only allows selection of current name.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: BUG - LCR Create Record Form - Maiden Name Wrong

Post by jdlessley »

Have you taken a look at the mother's membership record? There may be an error there or information missing.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
brpeck

Post by brpeck »

I should have noted that in my original post.

Yes, mother's membership record is correct, it shows name and maiden name fields.
I have attached 2 screen shots showing parts of the record. (I have cropped and blacked out part of the fields for privacy, but left the last few digits to show it is the same record)

Record Form generated by LCR:
SharedScreenshot 1.jpg
(25.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Individual record showing MRN at top, Name, and Maiden name:
SharedScreenshot 2.jpg
SharedScreenshot 2.jpg (13.56 KiB) Viewed 979 times
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The next step would be to contact the Global Service Department (GSD) to enlist their help. Even though they can help with your specific issue, for some odd reason, they may tell you to report the issue using feedback on the website.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Since you are associating two records (the child and the mother), the data will be stored correctly. The child's record is linked to the mother's record, so the mother's name is taken from her record.

The question that needs to be addressed is a user interface questions.Submit this using feedback so that it get to the product management team.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:Since you are associating two records (the child and the mother), the data will be stored correctly.
However, it appears that the form that is to be printed, scanned, and signed will be incorrect. I suppose he can hand-enter it after it's been printed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
moatcozza

Post by moatcozza »

For whatever it's worth, I just went through with the create child form even though the maiden name was incorrect. The record is created properly and the certificate that I was able to print has the mother's maiden name printed correctly, so the bug seems minor enough to not be a show stopper.

That consent form is definitely wrong though. It's mostly an annoyance because every family I've tried to give it to all filled out has corrected me and asked me to use the mother's maiden name properly, which you just can't do right now. So other than this one, I've been printing off a blank form and filling it all in by hand instead.
jeffrey_stevenson

Post by jeffrey_stevenson »

Yeah, I noticed the same issue, as the mother crossed out her last name and wrote her maiden name. I went to try to correct it, but there is no way in the software. Glad, I'm not the only one. :)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”