Issue w/Merging Membership Records to MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Amailei37

Issue w/Merging Membership Records to MLS

Postby Amailei37 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:06 pm

I am assisting a new ward clerk in a recent created new ward, and so far, we've downloading the MLS to his office computer, and added him as the Admin.

The problem occurs when he selects the 'Send/Receive Changes' option in order for the headquarters to transmit or transfer the ward's membership data to MLS on his computer, But it gives an 'Error' notification of some sort, prompting to contact the Stake Clerk (which is me, and I have been trying to assist to resolve this issue). I've also contacted 'Global Services' for their assistance, and the rep on the phone (talked to last week) said he had 'transmitted' or 'authorized' the transferring of the 'Membership' records.

I've also been researching this issue in the 'Help Center' but I'm not seeing relevant info in order to resolve this issue.

Please let me know if you have any helpful tips to resolve this message.

Biggles

Re: Issue w/Merging Membership Records to MLS

Postby Biggles » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:13 pm

If you haven’t already, contact the GSC and ask them to reset the security token for the new MLS installation. The message you are seeing is a security measure. You will need the Unit number.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:46 pm

Amailei37 wrote:so far, we've downloading the MLS to his office computer

I trust we're talking about the clerk's office computer.

MLS has a security token that only allows one MLS system for a unit to communicate with church headquarters. No doubt, that's what you're running into.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Amailei37

Postby Amailei37 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:26 pm

Thanks for both your tips to resolve this MLS issue w/transferring or uploading the new ward's membership records to the Ward Clerk's computer in the meetinghouse/chapel (not his personal office computer). I will try to Security token remedy and get ahold of Global Services for this issue. I have the Unit number ready available through online access as well.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”