LCR for tithing

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Tanner49

LCR for tithing

Post by Tanner49 »

Our computer with MLS just blew up, and we are in the process of getting a new one. The only thing we use MLS for is tithing at this point, and we have a bit of a backup waiting for our new computer. I was clicking around LCR and noticed a "donations" tab that appears to allow you to do tithing online. Is that universally available and allowed? I haven't heard anything from my stake, but wanted to know if that is a possibility.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: LCR for tithing

Post by scgallafent »

If you can see it, it has been enabled for your unit and you should be able to use it. There may be some bumps since it is in the early beta stages, but it's better than nothing.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

It is a bit interesting that many of us have 'discovered' this was now available for our unit, without any official heads-up (and in our case, the Stake was likewise unaware it was locally available until we alerted them). I'd suggest perhaps searching the Forum and reading a couple threads on this subject, just to get an idea of what you might encounter. Or perhaps just try it out, and if something goes wrong, then consult the Forum ;)
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

What's the status of this? One ward has been using it since the beginning of September and hasn't had any issues. I'm setting up 6 new computers and wondering if there is any point in setting up MLS.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
Tanner49

Post by Tanner49 »

Since I originally posted this we have been using online Tithing with no problems. Haven't yet downloaded MLS.... but still haven't seen an "official" announcement on the topic.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

craiggsmith wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:17 pm I'm setting up 6 new computers and wondering if there is any point in setting up MLS.
MLS is still the only means to print checks, which is still needed, at least in the US.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Mikerowaved wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 pmMLS is still the only means to print checks, which is still needed, at least in the US.
Check printing has been available in LCR (even for the US) for a couple years now. You are still required to print on the units administrative computer but you don't need MLS to do it. We recently got a new computer for the stake. It hasn't been set up yet but I don't see any reason we need to install MLS. We don't do many donation batches but the last one I did was in LCR and I haven't used MLS for expenses since I was called as a stake finance clerk.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

eblood66 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:42 am
Mikerowaved wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 pmMLS is still the only means to print checks, which is still needed, at least in the US.
Check printing has been available in LCR (even for the US) for a couple years now. You are still required to print on the units administrative computer but you don't need MLS to do it. We recently got a new computer for the stake. It hasn't been set up yet but I don't see any reason we need to install MLS. We don't do many donation batches but the last one I did was in LCR and I haven't used MLS for expenses since I was called as a stake finance clerk.
Thanks for the update. I didn't realize LCR had these capabilities. Another reason STS's should have SOME access to LCR.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

craiggsmith wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:17 pm What's the status of this? One ward has been using it since the beginning of September and hasn't had any issues. I'm setting up 6 new computers and wondering if there is any point in setting up MLS.
If your stake has access to line donation entry, I wouldn't take the time to install MLS. We have units in our stake that haven't opened MLS in almost a year.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Mikerowaved wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:19 pmAnother reason STS's should have SOME access to LCR.
Agreed.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”