Meeting Time changes aren't propogating

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15103
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:42 am

ryan jones wrote:LUWS does get the data from CDOL. I believe it is a nightly refresh.


I just checked and my ward's meeting time is now correct in CDOL, but not yet on LUWS. Based on the nightly refresh procedure, I guess that means I can assume our LUWS will be correct by tomorrow morning.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1756
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:14 am

Alan_Brown wrote:I just checked and my ward's meeting time is now correct in CDOL, but not yet on LUWS. Based on the nightly refresh procedure, I guess that means I can assume our LUWS will be correct by tomorrow morning.



We have currently processed files received through Sunday afternoon (~ 5:30 MST). So most meeting times changes will be in now.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 3210
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Postby eblood66 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:25 am

ryan jones wrote:We have currently processed files received through Sunday afternoon (~ 5:30 MST). So most meeting times changes will be in now.


So if I made the change two weeks ago Sunday (Dec 27th) and it still hasn't shown up in CDOL then I should probably try making a change again to get it to go through?

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1756
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:27 am

eblood66 wrote:So if I made the change two weeks ago Sunday (Dec 27th) and it still hasn't shown up in CDOL then I should probably try making a change again to get it to go through?


I would recommend that. Also if you would send me your unit number in a PM I will look to see if I can figure out why it didn't work the first time.

ammonihah
New Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:54 pm

Postby ammonihah » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:00 pm

zaneclark wrote:I would guess he posted it on his LUWS, which would let his members know the new meeting times for this year....


Correct Assumption. :-)

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1756
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:05 pm

ryan jones wrote:I would recommend that. Also if you would send me your unit number in a PM I will look to see if I can figure out why it didn't work the first time.


It looks like you were on MLS version 3.1.2 when you changed your meeting time. You need to be on 3.1.3 when you change your meeting time for it to work. The process changed hopefully for the better :rolleyes: but with the timing of the 3.1.3 release there may be others in the same boat.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 3210
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Postby eblood66 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:13 pm

ryan jones wrote:It looks like you were on MLS version 3.1.2 when you changed your meeting time. You need to be on 3.1.3 when you change your meeting time for it to work. The process changed hopefully for the better :rolleyes: but with the timing of the 3.1.3 release there may be others in the same boat.


That would explain why it didn't work for some us who did it early (using 3.1.2) and some who did it late (held up by CDOL processing) but did work for some in between.

Once the CDOL processing is all caught up you may want to consider sending out an MLS message telling clerks to check their CDOL and/or LUWS times to make sure they updated since there probably are others who did it with 3.1.2 and who may not see this thread.

geek
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:27 pm
Location: United States

Postby geek » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:00 pm

We've got the same issue with LUWS not updating our time. We'll try again Sunday.
Former membership clerk under 3 bishops, now on 2nd stint as executive secretary. Can I go back to teaching priesthood now?

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1756
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:33 pm

geek wrote:We've got the same issue with LUWS not updating our time. We'll try again Sunday.


LUWS will not update until tonight (I believe). Is your meeting time updated in CDOL?

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 8697
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:34 pm

ryan jones wrote:It looks like you were on MLS version 3.1.2 when you changed your meeting time. You need to be on 3.1.3 when you change your meeting time for it to work. The process changed hopefully for the better :rolleyes: but with the timing of the 3.1.3 release there may be others in the same boat.


Bingo! You win the prize. You have correctly identified which of our units were able to successfully update their times and which units were not. I would never have thought of the version number as the discriminator.

I do not second the motion for an MLS message, however, because conscientious clerks will try to change the meeting time once again without waiting for an MLS message.


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jared007 and 1 guest