Meeting Time changes aren't propogating

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
psnarula

Post by psnarula »

I changed the meeting time information for my unit in MLS last Sunday at 1030AM Central European Time (230AM in Utah). I looked today and the information is correct in CDOL but it has not yet been propagated to our local unit website. I was using MLS 3.1.3 when I did the update. The Send/Receive I did after changing the time updated our MLS installation to version 3.1.4.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As of right now, 3 wards in my stake have correct information in the CDOL, but only one has propagated to LUWS in the last 24 hours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Alan_Brown wrote:Although my ward's time was correct in CDOL yesterday morning, it is still not correct on LUWS this morning. So the "nightly refresh" doesn't seem to have happened. The same is true for all the wards in my stake -- correct in CDOL yesterday, still not right in LUWS today.

Could it be that there was so much information updated in CDOL and then pushed to LUWS over the last couple of days that LUWS will take a little extra time to catch up?

It looks like I have some more research to do on the push to LUWS. It was my understanding that it came from the CDOL warehouse data which is completely refreshed each night. I will follow up on that more on Monday.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:Yes, but I'd like to see it be the way the system works.
They would have to program in the effective date to know which month to display the upcoming change. Many units do not switch in January.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ryan jones wrote:Let me know the unit number and I'll see if I can find out why.
Done via PM. Thanks.
Alan_Brown wrote:. . . for all the wards in my stake -- correct in CDOL yesterday, still not right in LUWS today.
The same is true for the wards in my stake that are correct in CDOL and still need updating in LUWS.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

As another data point in this discussion that might be of help to the powers that be, a few moments ago I had the need to look up the address of a distant stake center for an upcoming meeting. I used the meetinghouse locator at lds.org under the About the Church / Finding a Meetinghouse links.

Because the map that is so convenient also includes a link to the unit website, I clicked on it. Their meeting times in LUWS are wrong.

I tried several other wards in the stake. Their meeting times are wrong. I tried a few neighboring stakes. Their meeting times are wrong at LUWS. At random, I tried ten other stakes throughout the United States. Their LUWS times do not match their locator times.

It appears that the correct times are showing at the meetinghouse locator map in the left sidebar and in the bubble that points to the location on the map. But, when I click on the Go to Website link in the bubble, taking me to the LUWS, the LUWS times are wrong.

My deduction is that the sidebar and map locator bubble are using CDOL times that are correct, but that have not migrated through to LUWS.

I have learned two things.

One. It seems that most updated times have, indeed, made it to CDOL and into the Meetinghouse Locator system, while very few have made it through to LUWS.

Two. I have seen about two dozen of the most creative ways imaginable to display the correct meeting times in LUWS underneath the wrong LUWS times. I am truly impressed by the creativity and diligence of the clerking force in the wards and branches of the 13 stakes I have just visited.

Well done!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:They would have to program in the effective date to know which month to display the upcoming change. Many units do not switch in January.
Valid point, but there's ways around that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JasonJ75-p40

Post by JasonJ75-p40 »

We've been dealing with this problem for years...We make the change in MLS and then a month or two later our website magically updates. This year I even tried updating in early December, no dice.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I can't think of a single year that has gone by since LUWS was created without someone in SLC having to go "kick the server" to make things work.

aebrown
Community Administrator

LUWS meeting times are now correct for my stake

Post by aebrown »

Alan_Brown wrote:Although my ward's time was correct in CDOL yesterday morning, it is still not correct on LUWS this morning. So the "nightly refresh" doesn't seem to have happened. The same is true for all the wards in my stake -- correct in CDOL yesterday, still not right in LUWS today.

Could it be that there was so much information updated in CDOL and then pushed to LUWS over the last couple of days that LUWS will take a little extra time to catch up?
As of this morning, the meeting times for all the wards in my stake are finally correct. :)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”