Page 3 of 3

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:39 pm
by russellhltn
JonesRK wrote:For both of these counselors they had a local name that was just a space.

"Local name"? Is this something unique to units outside of the US?

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:42 pm
by jonesrk
RussellHltn wrote:"Local name"? Is this something unique to units outside of the US?
That is where you would normally see it used, but it is available on all positions in CDOL. For example if you go to your own position you can edit it and you will see those fields.

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:10 pm
by russellhltn
JonesRK wrote:For example if you go to your own position you can edit it and you will see those fields.

I don't seem to have any editing rights in CDOL.

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:50 pm
by russellhltn
Thanks. With the email hints I was able to find a path. For the benefit of others:

- From the Stake/Ward list of positions, click on your own name.
- In the top left is "Edit Assignments".

As a STS, I'm unable to edit anyone else's info.

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:37 pm
by lajackson
RussellHltn wrote:As a STS, I'm unable to edit anyone else's info.
I think that's true for all of us. We can only edit our own information directly at CDOL.

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:37 pm
by jonesrk
lajackson wrote:I think that's true for all of us. We can only edit our own information directly at CDOL.
That is correct. Everyone can edit their own position, beyond that more general edit rights are for some CHQ users.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:40 am
by Biggles
Many thanks for finding and rectifying the problem, Ryan.

I'll chat to our Stake Clerk later this week to tell him the outcome of your research and the solution:)