GregTaylor wrote: I was hoping there was an easier way to change them all.
Although each record does have to be changed individually, you can save a lot of time by using the record navigation buttons in MLS. As you work through the list alphabetically, the number of steps involved to call up each household record after the first household is only 1 click.
The clerk in each ward simply needs to:
- Go to Membership, View and Update, Household Record
- If necessary, scroll to the first household to edit, then double click it
- Click on Address in the left navigation
- Click Edit
- Enter the new postal code
- Click OK
- Click the blue right triangle in the upper right corner
That last click is the only click necessary to call up the next household. At that point you are still positioned on the Address page for the next household. Then repeat the process from Step 4 for each household.
It should take only a few seconds per record to update the ZIP codes, since it sounds like the ZIP code will be the same for the entire ward, so you can just get that ZIP code in your clipboard and do a Ctrl+V to paste it on each record.