Class lists based on a future date

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Postby thedqs » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:13 pm

The point of MIS, later MLS, was to get rid of all these custom lists in the first place and keep everything centralized. MLS provided a great way of creating custom reports too. Anyway I am sure someone has had the same problem and will shortly post.
- David

RonaldF-p40

Postby RonaldF-p40 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:33 am

Our Bishop wanted to see the makeup of Primary and SS for next year. When I printed the rolls based on January 2008, the lists contained individuls that should not have been on the lists. There were infants showing up on the 12-14yr and 15-16 yr SS class rolls. There were also individuals not on the lists that should have been. From the previous posts it appears that getting a list of future class attendees is not possible. I'm very concerned that current rolls may also be inaccurate. Is there any way to reset all ?Group? assignments globally?

SmithGW
Community Moderators

Postby SmithGW » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:45 pm

I think you are right in your original assertion, that you cannot use future dates for class rolls. However, this is being fixed, I believe, in version 2.7.1, which should be coming out within the month. Once you get version 2.7.1, try again.

RonaldF-p40

Postby RonaldF-p40 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:13 pm

smithgw wrote:I think you are right in your original assertion, that you cannot use future dates for class rolls. However, this is being fixed, I believe, in version 2.7.1, which should be coming out within the month. Once you get version 2.7.1, try again.

Thank you. I'll just have to wait.

Jeremy-p40

Postby Jeremy-p40 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:39 am

RonaldF wrote:Our Bishop wanted to see the makeup of Primary and SS for next year. When I printed the rolls based on January 2008, the lists contained individuls that should not have been on the lists. There were infants showing up on the 12-14yr and 15-16 yr SS class rolls. There were also individuals not on the lists that should have been. From the previous posts it appears that getting a list of future class attendees is not possible. I'm very concerned that current rolls may also be inaccurate. Is there any way to reset all ?Group? assignments globally?

If you have class rolls with nursery age children, it is probably because the classes were manually created in MLS, but without minimum age requirements. There is really only one way to correct this - delete the classes and re-enter them with minimum age ranges.

What I prefer to do is create a temporary class. For instance, if the class is Sunday School 14, I will first create a class called Sunday School 14 temp. Then I will remove Sunday School 14. When asked for the destination organization for the students, I assign them all to Sunday School 14 temp. Then I create a class called Sunday School 14 and make sure that there is a minimum age entered when I create it. Then I remove Sunday School 14 Temp and assign all members to Sunday School 14. This is a roundabout way, and you might find something that works better, but this works for me.

Another option is to simply click on "Reset Classes" and then re-create the classes with minimum age requirements.
:D Happy to serve

Jimmer-p40

For the lazier

Postby Jimmer-p40 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:08 am

I agree with Jeremy, this is the only why that I have found to do it. I am a little bit lazier though, I always name the second class a little bit different ie. sunday school class 14. so that I don't have to add the third class. That way I can just set up one new class with the right age ranges and move them over.

RonaldF-p40

Postby RonaldF-p40 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:16 am

MLS support had the same recommendation about the minimum ages. I think I will just create a custom list based on age and manually divide it into classes.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”