MLS Bug Reporting Thread

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
atticusewig

MLS Bug Reporting Thread

Post by atticusewig »

Thought I would start a thread for us to collect any
bugs we have experienced with MLS into one place so
the developers can quickly see what bugs appear
out in the field and add them to their own BugTracking
system if they don't already know about them.

I'll start off with an example, and encourage the
developers to let us know if there is a different
format they would like us to follow.

BUGNAME: No check for Payee Address/Membership Record
Address mismatch
MLS VERSION: 2.6.0
CATEGORY: Finances
SUBCATEGORY: Expenses
SEVERITY: Moderate
DESCRIPTION:: If you have entered a Payee and link it to
a member's record, any subsequent changes
to that membership record is not checked
against the Payee address.

Example: A new Payee - Emma Smith - is added
and is linked to her Membership record
which indicates that her address is:
12345 Warer Lily Lane

A week later the Membership clerk
realizes that it should be
12345 Water Lily Lane
and makes the correction to
the membership record.

However, the next time a check
is issued to Sister Smith, there
is no check against the membership
record, and the check is issued
with the original and incorrect address
12345 Warer Lily Lane.

In units where checks are mailed instead of
hand-delivered this can cause some serious issues.
An option to "Ignore" or not perform the crosscheck
should also be added on per-payee-basis for
people with multiple mailing addresses.

Thanks,
Atticus Ewig
jwtaber

Post by jwtaber »

That's been a recurring problem in my stake too, even before we got MLS 2.6.

Meanwhile - I find that on our stake's computer (I'm assistant stake clerk for membership) I can log in to MLS 2.6 OK, but I can not Send/Receive or access the Boundary Realignment menus. I could do both before.
Daryl1

Possible bug in MLS 2.6

Post by Daryl1 »

BUGNAME Topic: System Options old users

Having administrator rights I have noticed that the system users are now in alphabetical order this is good.

The problem is old users are now appearing that are not in the Unit any longer. Tried the restore button then remove but it just loopes back to restore again. Is this normal? Anyone else having the same event?

It is good to keep a record of past clerks but shoulden't past clerks be removed from the system options user accounts when they have moved out of the unit? Since the install of MLS 2.6.0 all of the former clerks have showed up under the systems options user accounts eventhough there records are no longer in the Unit.

Any one have any ideas what could be going on here?

Thank you

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mr. Techno wrote:Any one have any ideas what could be going on here?
Have any of these logins "initialed" the deposit report in the past 3 years? Perhaps it has to be kept for historical purposes as long as their names are on the financial reports.

I can understand MLS saving them, but I'm not sure why they would show up under the login admin screen.
runstodboy-p40

Post by runstodboy-p40 »

With previous versions of MLS, when you "deleted" a user, it flagged the user as inactive and did not show it in the user list any more. This caused a problem if you created a user called Bishop and deleted it. When you tried adding another user in with that same name, it wouldn't let you.

With version 2.6, all of the users are now shown. When you remove a user that has no ties in the database (the user hasn't authorized any transactions, etc), it will delete the user from the users table. If the user has anything tied to its record, you cannot delete the user, you can only inactivate it. When a user is inactive, the link next to it will say Restore.

I'm not sure if once the records retention period passes if it will allow you to remove the user or not.
runstodboy-p40

Post by runstodboy-p40 »

Mr. Techno wrote:BUGNAME Topic: System Options old users

Any one have any ideas what could be going on here?

Thank you

With previous versions of MLS, when you "deleted" a user, it flagged the user as inactive and did not show it in the user list any more. This caused a problem if you created a user called Bishop and deleted it. When you tried adding another user in with that same name, it wouldn't let you.

With version 2.6, all of the users are now shown. When you remove a user that has no ties in the database (the user hasn't authorized any transactions, etc), it will delete the user from the users table. If the user has anything tied to its record, you cannot delete the user, you can only inactivate it. When a user is inactive, the link next to it will say Restore.

I'm not sure if once the records retention period passes if it will allow you to remove the user or not.
runstodboy-p40

Post by runstodboy-p40 »

atticusewig wrote:
BUGNAME: No check for Payee Address/Membership Record
Address mismatch
This bug has been documented and is in the process of getting prioritized.
james_francisco

Post by james_francisco »

I'd like to contribute a possible bug.

BUGNAME: MLS freezes when transmit button is clicked at the end of a tithing recording session.
SUBCATEGORY: Expenses
SEVERITY: Moderate
DESCRIPTION:: After entering the contributions for the week, the finance clerk clicks the transmit button at the end of the workflow. MLS 2.6 freezes when the button is clicked.

WORKAROUND: To work around this, the ward has been using task manager to kill the MLS process thread. Then, restarting MLS and performing a send-receive changes. Post-transmission printouts indicate that the batch is transmitted successfully at that point.

DISCUSSION: This has happened every week since MLS 2.6 was installed in this particular ward. I don't as yet have any reports of problems of this nature from other wards.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

James_Francisco wrote:I'd like to contribute a possible bug.
Out of curiosity, was Desktop 5.5 installed at the same time? What computer model is this (assuming it's a church standard issue.)
james_francisco

MLS Freezes on transmit

Post by james_francisco »

Desktop 5.5 is installed on the computer. It is one of the Dell Optiplex GX260 desktops I do believe.

RussellHltn wrote:Out of curiosity, was Desktop 5.5 installed at the same time? What computer model is this (assuming it's a church standard issue.)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”