MLS Bug Reporting Thread

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Eric Werny-p40

Postby Eric Werny-p40 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:08 pm

It seems that each time we are involved with the transmittal of financial data we are having transmission failures. It appears that it get caught in a loop, trying to over and over send a 1k file. If I terminate the session and restart it, it will complete.

Each session now takes over 15 to 20 minutes.

James_Francisco wrote:I'd like to contribute a possible bug.

BUGNAME: MLS freezes when transmit button is clicked at the end of a tithing recording session.
MLS VERSION: 2.6.0
CATEGORY: Finances
SUBCATEGORY: Expenses
SEVERITY: Moderate
DESCRIPTION:: After entering the contributions for the week, the finance clerk clicks the transmit button at the end of the workflow. MLS 2.6 freezes when the button is clicked.

WORKAROUND: To work around this, the ward has been using task manager to kill the MLS process thread. Then, restarting MLS and performing a send-receive changes. Post-transmission printouts indicate that the batch is transmitted successfully at that point.

DISCUSSION: This has happened every week since MLS 2.6 was installed in this particular ward. I don't as yet have any reports of problems of this nature from other wards.

BOC-p40

Postby BOC-p40 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:04 pm

BUGNAME: Custom Report Filtering Incorrect Cutoff
MLS VERSION: 2.6.2
CATEGORY: Reporting
SUBCATEGORY: Custom Reports
SEVERITY: Low
DESCRIPTION: When creating a report with the age < 12 before Jan 1, 2007 anyone born after Jan 1, 2007 does not appear on the report.

Example:
I created a custom report for the primary. Using the age <12 and date before Jan 1, 2007 no new births after Jan 1, 2007 are shown (i.e. no children born after Jan 1, 2007 who are age 0 show for pre-nursery). There does not appear to be a workaround after trying several variations.

I understand how this can be viewed as a bug or not as a bug. Without the ability to separate statements (age<12 before Jan 1, 2007) or (age = 0 after Jan 1, 2007) I don't see how all of the data can be captured.

mtwerner

Postby mtwerner » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:03 pm

What you're trying to ask is age < 12 AS OF a given date, which is not how this works. I'd actually like to see that capability, but they haven't built it as yet. The age field refers to the age TODAY. The only way I've been able to generate reports valid for past or future dates is to specify the dates. In this case, it seems that all you would need to put is "birth date is or is after 1 Jan 1995."

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:13 pm

mtwerner wrote:What you're trying to ask is age < 12 AS OF a given date, which is not how this works. I'd actually like to see that capability, but they haven't built it as yet. The age field refers to the age TODAY. The only way I've been able to generate reports valid for past or future dates is to specify the dates. In this case, it seems that all you would need to put is "birth date is or is after 1 Jan 1995."

You're responding to a post that is almost a year old. In the meantime, that capability has indeed been added to MLS (I believe it was added to 2.8, but it might have been 2.7). In a custom report, once you have created a criterion for Age, you can click the "more" link to add an "on date" "before date" or "after date" criterion with a specific date to refine the original Age criterion.

This screen shot should clarify what the screen will look like if you want a list of 11-year-old boys as of 15 Jun 2009:
CustomReport.jpg
CustomReport.jpg (20.23 KiB) Viewed 358 times

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”