MLS & Online Information Mis-Match

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Post Reply
mcdonalh
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 pm
Location: New Zealand

MLS & Online Information Mis-Match

Post by mcdonalh »

I have been utilising the online tools at LDS.org for a while now and have noticed that the information in the Leader and Clerk Resources section is outdated in contrast to our Ward MLS Data. We do S&R regularly but the information has not changed.

It appears as though old callings have remained and have not been replaced by any updates to callings in MLS. For example, currently listed are 2 Bishopric First Counselors and 2 Bishopric Second Counselors. This is consistent throughout the online Resources for our Ward. I have spoken to our STS and have had no success.

Is there any particular reason for this, and is there a way that this can be rectified?

Cheers, Heemi
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1979
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA

Post by jonesrk »

mcdonalh wrote:I have been utilising the online tools at LDS.org for a while now and have noticed that the information in the Leader and Clerk Resources section is outdated in contrast to our Ward MLS Data. We do S&R regularly but the information has not changed.

It appears as though old callings have remained and have not been replaced by any updates to callings in MLS. For example, currently listed are 2 Bishopric First Counselors and 2 Bishopric Second Counselors. This is consistent throughout the online Resources for our Ward. I have spoken to our STS and have had no success.

Is there any particular reason for this, and is there a way that this can be rectified?

Cheers, Heemi
You can now clean up the incorrect information. SeeClerks can now fix duplicate callings in CDOL for more details.
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 31133
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Post by russellhltn »

I think you'll find your anwer in this post.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks
Senior Member
Posts: 2169
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Post by davesudweeks »

JonesRK wrote:You can now clean up the incorrect information. SeeClerks can now fix duplicate callings in CDOL for more details.
On a related issue, how do we correct online information, other than Callings? A couple of our members were moved out of our ward several weeks ago. I'm still looking to see them disappear from the Online Map but they are still there...

Thanks for your help!
User avatar
childsdj
Member
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:51 am

Post by childsdj »

davesudweeks wrote:On a related issue, how do we correct online information, other than Callings? A couple of our members were moved out of our ward several weeks ago. I'm still looking to see them disappear from the Online Map but they are still there...

Thanks for your help!

Do they show up in your MLS still? I have had a couple of similar issues recently and I am trying to determine where the problem may be. If you can reply to this it would help. You could also PM me with the membership information and I could look into it.
davesudweeks
Senior Member
Posts: 2169
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Post by davesudweeks »

No, they do not show in MLS (except in the Members moved out list). I'll send you a private note with one of the Member's information. Thanks for your assistance.
Post Reply

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”