"Callings by Organization" is no longer available. Help!

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
cbweatherman
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah, USA

Postby cbweatherman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:17 am

Also, if you do not want to go through the waiting by calling SLC, I was able to receive the fix after sending an MLS message to the Membership Desk. It may take an extra day or so, but it works!

daryl1
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central California

Postby daryl1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:06 am

This is a new bug with no work around. All three of our unit MLS workstations are having the same issue with not being able to use callings by organizations anymore. This took place after the last MLS update. It does not matter if you used auto update or downloaded the update same error occurs. I sent this new bug into MSR about a week ago. Let's hope programmers will resolved this one in the next new version or sooner.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15123
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:11 am

daryl1 wrote:This is a new bug with no work around. All three of our unit MLS workstations are having the same issue with not being able to use callings by organizations anymore. This took place after the last MLS update. It does not matter if you used auto update or downloaded the update same error occurs. I sent this new bug into MSR about a week ago. Let's hope programmers will resolved this one in the next new version or sooner.


Although there is no work around per se, there are two reports in this thread of the problem being cured by CHQ sending down a fix for the specific unit having the problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

jpmuofu
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:04 am

Postby jpmuofu » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Updating to 3.3.1 seems to have fixed this problem for us.

elliottck
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:03 am

Postby elliottck » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:33 am

Yes, MLS 3.3.1 does contain the fix. Currently MLS 3.3.1 is in a beta state but it's an advanced beta so it’s very closed to be a final release. All units will not have this problem, so unaffected units will not gain anything by applying MLS 3.3.1 in this area. If you are having this issue, and if you feel waiting for the 3.3.1 release (March time frame) isn't an option then the beta is available.

You can get the beta at mls.lds.org.

Please note this is a beta, if you encounter any issues please report then by the appropriat channels listed in the MLS release notes.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 30280
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:23 am

According to the mls download site, the current "beta" is "Official release for the US/Canada, Guatemala, and Puerto Rico areas". Other members of LDSTech who are not beta stakes are reporting that they are getting it pushed down during send/receive.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

daryl1
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central California

Postby daryl1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:41 pm

This is a bug. I waited for the new version 3.3.1 to see if the bug got patched. We still have the same issue. Click organizations, select callings by organization notice error message says "an error occured". Looks like I will have to send in for help.

daryl1
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central California

Postby daryl1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:55 pm

I got help finally this week from CHQ. Someone went in and fixed the callings by organization section of MLS that was broken for our unit. It took a few weeks to get it done so be patient.

Any one else having this error after trying to view callings by organizations, the fix is to send in an email and CHQ will go in and fix the problem in MLS for the unit having this particular problem.

Thank you everyone :D

User avatar
ckmcdonald
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:33 pm
Location: Middleton, ID, USA (near Boise)

Postby ckmcdonald » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Informational follow-up post on this topic:

I just started getting this same error message in 3.4.2. "An Error Occurred." when I clicked on "Callings by Organization". I believe (but not sure) that my problem started when I updated to 3.4.2.

LUS requested that I reinstall 3.4.2. Didn't help.

LUS (2nd call) captured my backup, reproduced the problem and said they would work on it.

User avatar
ckmcdonald
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:33 pm
Location: Middleton, ID, USA (near Boise)

Postby ckmcdonald » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:13 pm

LUS corrected my database and I got a fix next time I did an up/download.


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests