MLS 3.3.1 is here.

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
coletheelder

Postby coletheelder » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:09 pm

The 3.3.1 version with the 11 March updates downloaded 'automatically' for me on the 12th -- a reference point.

At one time we were presented with an option to print or not to print the "Bishop and Membership Clerk ..." copy of a member's record. I want to save paper and Ward printing costs; I just want to print an IOS for the member. Is there still an option?

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:49 am

coletheelder wrote:At one time we were presented with an option to print or not to print the "Bishop and Membership Clerk ..." copy of a member's record. I want to save paper and Ward printing costs; I just want to print an IOS for the member. Is there still an option?
There has been no change in the ability to print the Individual Membership Record (what you are calling the Bishop and Membership Clerk copy) or to print an Individual Ordinance Summary (IOS). When a record has been changed at CHQ or a new record received from CHQ for a move-in, at the next send/receive you will be given the option to print that membership record for review. That record is the complete membership record; the one only the bishop or clerk should review or see. You can still print the IOS for those changed or new records. It is not necessary to do so for every little change that occurs.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

psnarula

Postby psnarula » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:44 pm

The same day I posted to this thread, I sent the MLS team feedback about this issue (same as I did last September when MLS 3.2.2 still did not implement this feature). I got this reply in an email yesterday:

We are working on this but as of now this is still a problem. They are working on it. Thanks for your service.

MSR Support Staff -jgw

I haven't seen the code but I can't imagine that this would be a difficult thing to fix. I think a more likely scenario is that they have higher priorities...

psnarula wrote:MLS 3.3.1_19376 (24Feb2011) still lacks the ability to use AA, AE, and AP as states of residence when the country is United States. But don't worry -- all of the terrorists at Guantanamo Bay are fully supported by MLS.

I don't understand this at all. This would be a simple change to a table that should take two minutes to update and have zero dependencies on anything that matters. Why is this so hard?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”