Page 1 of 1

Exporting/Importing MLS custom report parameters

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:09 am
by danpass
On more than one occasion I have created a custom report in MLS that I wanted to share with another unit. The only way I have found to do this is to document the criteria and format information and pass it on for manual creation in the other unit's MLS.

A useful enhancement to MLS would be the ability to export and import custom report parameters.

Once current shortcomings in MLS reporting are fixed, such as the inability to save column widths, sort preference and page formatting, these settings would also be included in the export.

If we had this capability, a logical next step would be to designate a forum or sub-forum where we would post useful reports.

Import/Export is possible in MLS now...

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:38 pm
by opee
danpass wrote:A useful enhancement to MLS would be the ability to export and import custom report parameters.


The new MLS has the ability to IMPORT and EXPORT custom reports. To EXPORT, click on the "Export" link on the far right hand column of the Custom Reports list. You can save the file and then email it out to others.

To IMPORT, click the IMPORT button on the bottom left, and search for the file using the File Window.

danpass wrote:If we had this capability, a logical next step would be to designate a forum or sub-forum where we would post useful reports.


Good suggestion.

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:26 pm
by danpass
opee wrote:The new MLS has the ability to IMPORT and EXPORT custom reports. To EXPORT, click on the "Export" link on the far right hand column of the Custom Reports list. You can save the file and then email it out to others.

To IMPORT, click the IMPORT button on the bottom left, and search for the file using the File Window.


Awesome! Is this in 2.71? I was helping a ward clerk with a custom report yesterday and I did not notice an export link.

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:05 pm
by opee
danpass wrote:Is this in 2.71?


I was using MLS 2.7.