Updated Financial Audit Forms

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
allenjpl

Postby allenjpl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:12 am

FFRsqpilot wrote:Sorry, just remembered another item we discussed last night during our training session. When we were looking at the "Reconciling the Other Account Page" we instructed each of the auditors to attach the "Income and Expense Summary by Subcategory Report" to the audit forms when they turn them into the Stake Audit Committee.

Our rationale for having them include the Income and Expense report is due to the statement in the left hand box that states "Provide detail below or attach the Income and Expense Summary by Subcategory report." When we (Stake Audit Committe Chariman and I) were preparing for the training session we were not sure what the "provide detail below" really required. We asked our Area Assistant Auditor about the statement and he wasn't sure either. Thus we just figured it was easier to attach the Income and Summary report.

Anyone know what kind of detail they (whomever included the new sentence in the box) are looking for?

Thanks for bearing with our learning curve with the new audit forms.

My understanding is that you include the same level of detail as you have in audits past : the name of
the subcategory and the balance as of the end of the auditing period. The total should balance with the amount identified in the last CUFS. The report contains the same information and the same level of detail.

dajoker

Postby dajoker » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:17 pm

FFRsqpilot wrote:Last evening we held our training session for this audit go-around. One question that was brought up was "Is there any direction on what to do with the interest now being posted to the Other account? Can that interest be moved to any category to even include moving it to a Budget category?"

Anybody know the right answer for this? I guess I can create a subcategory for it but that does not mesh with the stated purpose of the AMFA/Other accounts. I could add it to another subcategory with the unit leader's permission but is that the best thing? I'm sure we cannot move to a Budget category (that never works as far as I know, or it didn't used to (correct me if wrong)) or I could write it as a check and enter it as a donation for fast offerings or something but is that best?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:14 pm

dajoker wrote:Anybody know the right answer for this? I guess I can create a subcategory for it but that does not mesh with the stated purpose of the AMFA/Other accounts. I could add it to another subcategory with the unit leader's permission but is that the best thing? I'm sure we cannot move to a Budget category (that never works as far as I know, or it didn't used to (correct me if wrong)) or I could write it as a check and enter it as a donation for fast offerings or something but is that best?

There is no definitive answer that I know of. See these threads for various opinions and ideas:

In this post, I report what I heard from Local Unit Support on this topic, but I don't presume that to be official.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

dajoker

Postby dajoker » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Perfect and quick as always; thanks for your insight.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”