MLS has wrong stake information

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mwsuman

MLS has wrong stake information

Post by mwsuman »

Our stake was split this year. We used to be in the Fort Herriman Stake and now we are in the Riverton Utah Harvest Park Stake. After the split, our MLS system shows that we are still part of the Fort Herriman Stake. And when we look at a membership record, it shows that the member's previous stake was Fort Herriman and that the current stake is Fort Herriman. Everything should now read Riverton Utah Harvest Park.

Is there something I need to do on my end to fix this? Or is this something that the stake/HQ needs to switch?

This has been going on for about 10 months.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I know there's a setting in MLS under System Options > Unit for entering what stake you belong to.

I've not run into this before, so I'd suggest calling Local Unit Support before making any changes. But there are others here who have gone though splits before who may have a better feel for what has to be done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

RussellHltn wrote:I know there's a setting in MLS under System Options > Unit for entering what stake you belong to.

I've not run into this before, so I'd suggest calling Local Unit Support before making any changes. But there are others here who have gone though splits before who may have a better feel for what has to be done.

We were transferred to a different stake (not a new one but I think it should be similar) about a year and a half ago. If I remember right all I did was change the MLS setting RussellHltn mentions and did a send and receive. However, our new stake had problems where they couldn't see our members. I think I did a membership refresh, a Send Membership Data to Stake and then stake did a membership refresh to get that working. If the MLS setting doesn't work then you may want to try a membership refresh.

I'd also check CDOL to make sure your unit shows correctly there.
mwsuman

Post by mwsuman »

Thanks for the replies! I will give that a try when I'm at the church building tomorrow.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I would suggest checking on the CDOL to see that your ward is associated with the correct stake. If it is incorrect in the CDOL, you will need to involve LUS in the process. Otherwise, you just need to update the information in MLS per RussellHltn's instructions.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

When our stake was divided about a year ago, we had to go into every unit MLS computer and change the name of the stake from old to new. Until we did, some of the units did not show up in the new stake quarterly reports. Nothing automatically changed the name of the stake in MLS. We had to do it manually.

And at each ward and branch conference for the sustaining of officers form, the clerk had to delete the names of the presidency of the former stake and manually enter the names of the presidency of the new stake.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”