For our first stake conference meeting house broadcast using the software we set up t

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:00 am

srweight wrote:The wired adapter is a powerline connection and it may be that something is running somewhere in the building that comes and goes and kills the powerline connection.

Those power adapters aren't much better then wireless. Maybe worse. I'd suggest working with the FM group to get at least some CAT 5 cable run. That is reliable.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

srweight

Postby srweight » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:18 am

The FM group is the one that had the powerline adapters installed - I will talk to them about running CAT5

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Postby Mikerowaved » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:26 am

srweight wrote:The FM group is the one that had the powerline adapters installed - I will talk to them about running CAT5

Even if you can temporarily string a CAT5 cable down the hall(s) from your firewall to your webcast computer I think you will find it helps tremendously. We did this for our last stake conference, taping the cable down to the carpet as we went. (OK, it didn't go to the firewall, but to the nearest clerk's office that had a hardwired CAT5 jack, but you get the point.)

Oh, and you really shouldn't have both wired and wireless connected at the same time on your PC. While using one, you should either unplug or disable the other.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

srweight

Postby srweight » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Mikerowaved wrote:Oh, and you really shouldn't have both wired and wireless connected at the same time on your PC. While using one, you should either unplug or disable the other.

Good information! I did by default - the wired was not plugged in for conference.

bshepher

Postby bshepher » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:09 pm

What quality setting are the test streams running at?

Mikerowaved wrote:Fortunately, the church has created such an A/V stream for testing the download half of the webcast process. They are available here...

http://stream.lds.org/webcast and http://stream.lds.org/webcast2

Sometimes it take a minute or so to finish buffering and actually start, so be patient.

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Postby Mikerowaved » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:36 pm

bshepher wrote:What quality setting are the test streams running at?

Hummm... Good question. They appear to be down at the moment, but if/when they come back online, I can tell you.

ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby ksolsen » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Mikerowaved wrote:Hummm... Good question. They appear to be down at the moment, but if/when they come back online, I can tell you.

These feeds come from the conference center. Some work is currently being performed on encoder #1. Once that is complete, webcast2 will be bumped up to about 750 or so. They are both at 300 right now.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”