Why wireless

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
Paulbb1

Video Downloading

Postby Paulbb1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:47 am

JohnShaw wrote:You might try this video it's a quick tour of the Mormon Channel Website and towards the end shows how to download a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzsWRgkfsqM - This could work for most people with a little instruction on adaption to the https://medialibrary.lds.org

OK, I now understand. I was looking for ways to download the YouTube video's which are not setup for easy downloading. I think it can be done with other software. You have to be in the mormon.com site to get the download arrows and not all videos are allowed to be downloaded. Am I correct?
Arlan Beebe
Ann Arbor Stake

johnshaw

Postby johnshaw » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:32 pm

That is correct. Not all videos are allowed to be downloaded due to various reasons... mostly because the Church does not have some kind of permission to 'distribute' the content or has a limited distribution. Both Mormon Channel and Media Library will have the download arrows. You can get a bit creative for YouTube Stuff, and that is freely available all over the web, but not likely a good discussion on this board for rules of the road reasons.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:39 pm

As far as I know, YouTube doesn't have any download features. It's just the way they're set up. I don't think it's a security issue, and a quick search shows that we've discussed tools for doing that previously.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

johnshaw

Postby johnshaw » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:02 pm

If anyone wants to know the solutions I've used to download youtube videos send me a PM.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”