Mi Box S beta program

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
SmithonVI

Re: Mi Box S beta program

Post by SmithonVI »

Thanks for your reply. I finally tried power cycling it but no joy. I'll try it again next time I'm at the stake center.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I did have a problem with my Mi Box S and had to use another cable. Later, I came back and used the same "broken" cable, so I'm not sure what happened.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SmithonVI

Post by SmithonVI »

Yes, this computer stuff seldom works "as advertised" does it? Good suggestion though - I'll try a different cable and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the comment.
SmithonVI

Post by SmithonVI »

Hey guys, you are lifesavers. I just went over to the stake center, swapped out the HDMI cable and the Mi Box came to life. What a simple fix. Thanks very much for your suggestion.
pcardelli

Post by pcardelli »

Interesting comments, I'm trying to be a bit more organized, as you know it makes our calling a little easier when things are packaged together in kits.

For a case I might recommend a simple shoe box 6 quart storage container or maybe a little larger. For me It depends on the building:

First building has almost a stake center like feel to it, even has its own satellite
- I leave a MiBox hooked up to a HDMI Splitter the Tech room, that feeds a J-Tech Digital Transmitter to Ethernet and to the local display. I feed the audio directly to the rack.
- I have 4 J-Tech Digital HDMI receiver I hook up in the Chapel, RS, Primary, and one other room. Only the Chapel uses the Rack audio, the others have to use the audio off the HDMI feed

So only 4 HDMI & 4 Ethernet Cables 4 Receiver Boxes and 4 Small Power cables. That fit in a nice in a simple 6 Quart Storage Box.

Second Building Is a little older, still not our oldest. (Similar setup but without the dedicated tech room or mounted screen)
- Chapel, 2 Ethernet Cables 25 Foot Bound together with wire loom tubing for easier handling less tangling for storage, 1 30 ft XLR cable, 1 XLR to 3.5mm laptop interface, USB to Ethernet adapter, J-Tech Digital HDMI Receiver, HDMI Splitter, MiBox, Remote, and the stake provides the projector for this building.

3 J-Tech Digital receivers in the RS, Primary, and one other Room.

All might fit in one, 6 quart box, minus the 25 foot cable that might fit in an extra amazon box :) Cause we have plenty of those.

Third Building is our Oldest Building, and smallest.
- If we build a kit it would just be the MiBox and no Video Distribution as there is no wired Ethernet network in that building.
- 50 foot Ethernet cable 40 foot velcro cable cover, Mibox, 30ft XLR cable XLR to 3.5 laptop interface cable, usb to ethernet, remote

This might need the larger box because of the 50 foot Ethernet cable, if I can get an Ethernet drop into the chapel near the rostrum I can probably get it all to fit. Maybe for larger cables hanging them on hooks on walls for easy access, and everything else in the smaller boxes. Oh yeah don't forget the extension cords :) We all need power.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Thanks for all your great remarks and insight. Since the MiBox S is out of Beta, I'm going to lock this thread. Feel free to start a new topic if you have other input or questions regarding the MiBox S.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”