Audio troubleshooting - webcast

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Audio troubleshooting - webcast

Postby russellhltn » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:25 pm

jsorens6 wrote:I finally figured out a workaround yesterday though! I pulled out one of the hearing assist devices and used the the audio off that to plug straight into the Vidiu unit and the sound is 10,000% better with no hum.
Sure sounds like a ground loop. An isolation transformer should have solved it (as long as someone didn't try to tie the grounds together.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

CalS201

Re: Audio troubleshooting - webcast

Postby CalS201 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:05 pm

russellhltn wrote:
jsorens6 wrote:I finally figured out a workaround yesterday though! I pulled out one of the hearing assist devices and used the the audio off that to plug straight into the Vidiu unit and the sound is 10,000% better with no hum.
Sure sounds like a ground loop. An isolation transformer should have solved it (as long as someone didn't try to tie the grounds together.)
Yup, probably just a ground loop. It happens in many bldgs and has a documented solution in the EmTech AVDH1 commissioning manual (see note #2 in the
attachment) . The EmTech recommended isolation transformer is an RDL TX-10B, but the TX-1A works as well and have an adjustable level control.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... a&_sacat=0

In 4 bldgs I've had hum issues with, 3 issues were solved with the transformer and the 4th was just a wiring error.
Attachments
EMTECH AVDH-1 Commissioning Guide.pdf
(235.39 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”