502 error at mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.org

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
brad_p

502 error at mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.org

Post by brad_p »

We're having dozens of members report that mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.org is displaying a 502 error. At my house, my wife's laptop cannot pull it up, but on my desktop, I can.

This is somewhat frustrating, we reported numerous users having 502 errors last week. I wish there was some kind of "event status" page like other large broadcasting sites use, which indicate timestamps of major technical issues, and a brief summary of the cause and the resolution.
BillN96

Re: 502 error at mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.org

Post by BillN96 »

Same. Stake Conference conference was last week and both sessions had this error and Sacrament Meeting right now experiencing the same thing. I have reported through the Meeting Feedback email. This is the 3rd week in a row with issues with the broadcast from Church HQ level.

I agree that I wish there was a way to report issues from the Event Manager Page.
brad_p

Post by brad_p »

I just got through to someone at church tech support. They're aware of the issue, apparently it started up around 8:40 AM. I'm hearing the issue is starting to go away.
brad_p

Post by brad_p »

This is the 3rd week in a row with issues with the broadcast from Church HQ level.
Yes, it's the 3rd week in a row for us too. What's frustrating is that I called into support for the 1st week, and they had no idea their servers were even down or what went wrong. Just got the "Well, it's working for us" response.

We're strongly considering abandoning the church's webcast system for a while and moving to YouTube.
davidry

Post by davidry »

The STS in the stake over had no issues but he was using the US west server. I was using the US West 2 sever and had the error. Most weeks it has been fine but all goes wrong on the day I have to give a talk.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”