Zoom HD

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
RichardsJE

Zoom HD

Post by RichardsJE »

So I've just switched over from using the church webcast system to zoom webinars for Sunday worship broadcasts and it has been, for the most part, a positive experience. One main one is that there's only a second or so lag compared to 30s+. A big let down though is that currently the max streaming resolution is 640x360.

Zoom's website states:
"Full high definition video, 1080p, is limited availability for Business and Enterprise plans. Accounts that meet all other Group HD prerequisites can also request 720p or 1080p feeds for webinar attendees. This feature needs to be enabled by Zoom Support, but is temporarily unavailable. After contacting support, please allow up to 3 business days for the feature to be enabled"

If someone from HQ who administers the zoom account is on this forum, is it possible to get this feature enabled?
Sorry if I'm preaching to the choir. This is probably already something you have already looked into but some clarity would be good.
Thanks.
TJHill

Re: Zoom HD

Post by TJHill »

Take a look at this post I made. It appears that you can change this setting yourself.

viewtopic.php?f=159&t=38375&p=220384#p220384
RichardsJE

Post by RichardsJE »

I have set the Group HD to 1080p, and also made sure Enable HD video for attendees & Always send 1080p video to attendees is selected in the settings for the actual webinar but always outputs at 640x360.
The meetinghouse I tried at has a 100mb synchronous connection so bandwidth shouldn't be an issue. I also tested from home with 40mb upload and no difference.
Are you able to get 720p/1080p?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Because of high demand, Zoom is purposely limiting BW on meetings and webinars. Even if it comes through at 720p, it's still capped at around 1.2 to 1.5 Mbps.

More info: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207347086-Group-HD
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RichardsJE

Post by RichardsJE »

They are limiting for everyone yes, however, they state on the page you linked that those who have an enterprise license can request for this limitation to be lifted and I was wondering if that has been done or not.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

RichardsJE wrote:They are limiting for everyone yes, however, they state on the page you linked that those who have an enterprise license can request for this limitation to be lifted and I was wondering if that has been done or not.
I can't definitively answer that. I've run webinars in 720p, so I have to assume everyone under the church's account has that ability.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”