Webcast Encoder URL update - Release Notes

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
studerje

Re: Webcast Encoder URL update - Release Notes

Post by studerje »

clark.danielw wrote:I have been trying for months to get the Remote XML Configuration working with my Teradek, with the meetings starting and the broadcast not starting. I was hoping with the static URL's and the release notes that this would be different. I have tried every combination today to get it to work (short of factory reset of the Teradek) with the same results. Is there anyone who has found tricks to get this to work, or run into the same issues .
I had the same problem. It turns out that the Teradek’s can’t be running the most up-to-date firmware. I had to down grade all 3 of ours to the version recommended here: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... e?lang=eng

As soon as I did that, all 3 started working as expected.
chapmanjec

Post by chapmanjec »

Wow! In October we brought in a brand-new Teradek, updated the firmware (because that's normal for embedded things) and I've been fighting failing autoconfig for months. It's never worked. This morning I'll try rolling ours down to the 3.0.7/8, then will return and report.
Last edited by chapmanjec on Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
poswald

Post by poswald »

Would have been nice to know that the changes would retroactively change the URLs on previously scheduled meetings. Perhaps buried in the announcement this was said or implied. Unfortunately too late for some of our 9:00 AM meetings in the Lehi East Stake. Just a warning to others if you have a ward level meeting scheduled before the changes the urls may now be changed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Not sure what happened, but the ward I've been helping wasn't able to connect to the servers for a meeting I created on Friday.

They've been pretty successful for months.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
studerje

Post by studerje »

There is a bug in the mywebcast portal. It resolves as highland Utah Stake when I send the URL via iMessage. I’m in the Carlsbad Stake.
Attachments
73AE844D-5D9F-4E5E-BD92-FDB234C02E2E.jpeg
(82.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bradrichins

Post by bradrichins »

I love the idea behind these new updates, but so far, I'm not a fan. I've completely failed at 2 of my 3 sacrament meeting broadcasts today because DNS does note resolve to the static URL. We do not have a Teradek (back ordered) so we're using Wirecast from a PC. The static URL is great when it works, but DNS doesn't resolve we're dead in the water. Any chance the direct stream URL can be populated into the encoder setup as well? That way for those of use not using auto-setup, there's still options for troubleshooting when DNS doesn't replicate correctly?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

studerje wrote:There is a bug in the mywebcast portal. It resolves as highland Utah Stake when I send the URL via iMessage. I’m in the Carlsbad Stake.
mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.org doesn't resolve to any unit. You have to either supply it something after the .org, or give it an event code.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
studerje

Post by studerje »

russellhltn wrote:
studerje wrote:There is a bug in the mywebcast portal. It resolves as highland Utah Stake when I send the URL via iMessage. I’m in the Carlsbad Stake.
mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.org doesn't resolve to any unit. You have to either supply it something after the .org, or give it an event code.
there is incorrect information on the public facing webcast page.
If i browse to http://mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.or ... orniastake and view source, i see the following:

<meta property="og:title" content="Highland Utah Stake">
<meta property="og:description" content="Highland Utah Stake - Services for the saints in the Highland Utah Stake.">

This is what iMessage is showing users.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. It's doing that for my stake's page as well. Apparently a bit of code is pulling from the wrong source.

I'd submit feedback - perhaps using the link on the main church page.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The same title ("Highland Utah Stake") appears when sharing the link to Facebook – most likely from the same piece of code.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”