Webcast Internet setup

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
johnsco-p40

Webcast Internet setup

Post by johnsco-p40 »

We are in the process of setting up for our first try with the Webcast communication.
I have a question on the ISP side of things. We have 6 buildings in our Stake, five buildings have Internet capablity with one ISP the other building is in an another county (another state even) with a seperate ISP. They will be on the recieving end of the broadcast but do I have to setup a VPN connection for that building OR can I simply receive the broadcast through the Internet ( I am thinking everything goes through SLC anyway).
Please consult on this question.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

johnsco wrote:We are in the process of setting up for our first try with the Webcast communication.
I have a question on the ISP side of things. We have 6 buildings in our Stake, five buildings have Internet capablity with one ISP the other building is in an another county (another state even) with a seperate ISP. They will be on the recieving end of the broadcast but do I have to setup a VPN connection for that building OR can I simply receive the broadcast through the Internet ( I am thinking everything goes through SLC anyway).
The ISP should not matter. The beauty of the Webcast Communication system is that the transmission is done over the internet. The Church servers run the program. The users need only the hardware on their ends to make the system work. VPN is not needed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”